Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's Christmas Time Here, Ya'll

Christmas has arrived here at our house! Since we will be hosting Christmas with Jerry's family here on the 24th and then heading to MI, we decided to let the kids open their gifts early. They of course went for that idea, HA! We were very blessed to find most of their gifts on Ebay or on the sales racks, so... We've never been the type of parents to spend a ton on Christmas presents (I know, we're just terrible), but the kids don't have to know that : ) We want them to get nice things, but we also want them to know that Christmas isn't all about the gifts! I try and buy little things here and there all year long, that way we don't' have to do it all in December. Most of my shopping is usually done by the end of the summer, but this year that didn't happen. I was able to get most of it complete by the first part of the month, so I didn't feel too overwhelmed. I received WAY TO MUCH from my hubby (scrapbook items, Chonda DVD's, flag pole, boots, etc.), but I am thankful for everything he bought me. Since my b-day is the day after Christmas, he let me open that gift too and it was a... RED PURSE! I've been eyeing them for awhile, but couldn't bring myself to spending the $30 on myself. Glad I didn't, cause that gave him a gift to buy me for my b-day and he got it for less than $30, YEA! Anyways, we were blessed again this year and hope to be good enough throughout the new year, so we will get something next year, HA!


Keegan excited to be 2nd in line to open his presents.
Keegan got: some clothes, a couple PS2 Football Games (thanks to Game Exchange), a fan for "his side" of the room (thanks to the travling sales men that go from business to business), a steering wheel for his PS2, a new pillow (I know, kind of boring, but he needed one), some roller blades that I have had in the closet forever, etc.
After getting this Webkinz for his birthday, I thought the poor thing needed some clothes. I got on Ebay and man do they have some cute clothes for these silly things. He got a football outfit and a police man outfit for "Frogger".
Keegan with the Bat-Man car he begged for, for his b-day and didn't get. That's cause I knew I was buying it for him for Christmas : )
Poor Talon is always the last kid to open his gifts, I guess that is one of the
disadvantages of being the oldest : (
Talon received: a mini MP4 player w/ a touch screen (thank you Ebay : ), some shoes, a set of Acoustic Guitar Chord Cards, a new pillow, some clothes, etc.
He is a typical 12-yr. kid, he loves clothes!
Kallee all smiles after opening the Barbie Talon bought her with his own $$$.
Kallee with all her stuff: Dora furniture, Princess helmet and pad set, her pink Ji-Jar (guitar) she requested, a sun dress and sandals for this summer, etc.
These little furniture pieces are SO cute! She received the "Dora Talking House" for her birthday from some friends of ours, so... she needed the furniture for it. I was able to get 6 different rooms for $15 on Ebay, YEA! They normally sell for $9.99 each.
Kallee trying out her Princess bike helmet and pads, she can't wait to go on
a bike ride this spring!

Jerry checking out his WWII movies.
Daddy trying on his new tennis shoes!

Me and my new red bag, thank you baby!

2 comments:

  1. At the Fritz household we used to go by age but it never bothered me since I was the youngest :) It really wasn't that big a deal to Barb either b/c we were the only two left at home. BUT the Derscheids do it differently and so we have adopted their ways. We all get a turn, one gift at a time. Sometimes it doesn't go in perfect order...it's whoever Daddy says hasn't opened a gift or whatever gift the "elves" pull from under the tree. I like it b/c it keeps everyone in suspense until the last gift is opened!

    My girls are just dying to rip into their presents. But their mom is too mean and won't let them open even ONE early!! Well, we'll be opening them early enough so I refuse to make it any closer to Nae's bday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That would make my kids nuts too...the taking turns with it all! Daniel gives each one a gift and so on!

    ReplyDelete