Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Keegan

I would like to wish my "baby boy", Keegan a Happy 8th Birthday today! I can't hardly believe that 8 yrs. ago right now, we were enjoying a new born. He is such a special part of our family, we love him very much! He is our "shy guy", but he can throw a mean football : ) He is all boy, no sissy stuff when it comes to this kid, ha! We didn't have a party for him this year, I know, I know, we are awful parents for not having a spectacular birthday bash for him. He even got a used birthday gift. Oh my, what is this world coming to, no party AND a used gift, hee hee! He has been begging for a PS2 game that is college football, so... that is what we got him. I looked several places yesterday for one, but was told "PS2 are going out and we don't have those kind of games any more", ugh! Well now you all know it, we are a family that's "not in" : ) We stopped at Game Exchange last night on our way home from my sister's house and got not only 1, but 4 ('04, '05, '06 & '07) edtions of the PS2 college football, for (drumroll please) $11.00, YEA!!! We gave him 2 today and we'll give him another 2 for Christmas. Now that's some smart shopping! He also got a new pair of tennis shoes and some play-doh. We did take him to Arni's for his birthday and I have made him his favorite kind of cake (Starwberry Jell-o) that we will take to Mamaw & Papaw's house tomorrow for dinner. I know, once again, I'm a terrible Mama I opted not to spend $30 on one of those fancy cakes. I figure why waste the $$$ when we will enjoy the Jell-O cake just as well and we will gain the same amount of weight, HA! Anyways, I hope you had a great day little man, we love you!

Yummy Cookie Monster, courtesy of Arni's!

Opening his gift from Kathryn & Scott

Keegan and his new Webkinz "Frogger" that Scott & Kathryn bought for him.

Kathryn, Keegan & Scott

Keegan requested that we got to the TPA Park on our way home, so since the B-day boy requested it...this is one of the new ones this year.

Oh so pretty, 1000's and 1000's of lights!

We all got a kick out of this "God Bless ICA" sign, ha! It is suppose to say "God Bless America"!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Keegan! I thought about ya earlier today. Guess I'd better get one of the girls in here to dig through the closet and find your present so they can wrap it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 Tears old...WOW. Hope you all had a great birthday celebration and HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEEGAN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say 8 YEARS OLD....but tears is good too, the older these kids get the older us parents get...BOO HOO...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci,
    I hear ya on the tears part : (

    ReplyDelete