Saturday, March 7, 2009

FCA Gym Class @ the Skating Rink

Every Friday is "gym class" at the boy's school. Several times this winter they have enjoyed going to the skating rink at the TPA park for gym class. At first Keegan wasn't too sure about it, but now...he loves going to the skating rink! Talon, of course, loved it from the start, but then he is a great skater, so... I can't believe how Talon can whip around the rink with his hands in his pockets and rarely falls. Keegan on the other hand, did a GREAT job on the limbo when it was "limbo time"! He would roll up to the pole really fast and almost come to a complete stop and then glide right on under it : ) I don't know how on earth he could go so low on those silly skates. When I told Kallee we were going to go skating with the boys at school, she of course thought we were going to the school to skate, HA! She had a great time and wants to know when we can go back. She was given a pair of bright, pink Barbie skates to put on over her shoes and she thought she was really something out there on the rink : ) I told Talon to take her out at first, but then she didn't want any help, she is really getting to be "Little Miss Independent"! The boys kept coaxing for me to get a pair of skates, so I paid the $2.00 and off I went, well kind of. I did only mange falling one time, so that wasn't too bad. I figured it up and the last time I roller-skated was about 17 years ago, yikes! I think if we would do it on a regular basis I could actually get up to speed, LOL! All in all, we had a great time skating, thanks to the school for allowing us parents to tag along!
Keegan doing the limbo, he was one of the last ones to get out!
Kallee didn't quite understand what the limbo was all about,
but she sure had fun crawling under the stick!

Here's Kerrigan, she sure can get down low too, I believe she was the winner!

Kallee skated with a lot of friends, here she is with Yajaria!

T-Man rolling along with his hands in his pockets, what a
show-off! : )

Talon helping his little sissy!

Keegan cruising along!

Ok, how many principals do you see on roller-skates??? Mr. Coleman is such a great leader! He has brought fun and discipline back to FCA! We are SO thankful that him and his wife, Ms. Shelly, are a part of "our" school!

No comments:

Post a Comment