Monday, February 15, 2010

We Said Goodbye Today...

We said our final, earthly goodbyes today to a life-time friend! Today we celebrated the life of Gail Fritz, a family friend for over 40 years! She passed away unexpectedly on the 11th, but today was her funeral. It was a sad, yet joyful occasion, as she had her wishes all laid out for such a time as this! She left specific instructions to not allow the service to drag on and on and she wanted us to be happy for her, for she had gone onto her "next assignment" in life! Her baby sister, Sara, (one of my best friends) said, "she is gone, yet she still is bossing us around", when it came to telling us how her service was to be ran, HA! As I sat there "trying to celebrate", I thought, another Fritz family member has went onto Heaven to meet up with all the others that have went on before. It was a hard time for me, but I know she is up there enjoying the presences of her parents, and my Mom and all of those family babies they have never met. Gail was such a fun-loving gal, she went through struggles in life, but then don't we all?!? I will always remember her HUGE smile, her laughter that was contagious, the beautiful clothes she wore, her always perfect nails, her yummy desserts and most of all...her love she had for her family (especially her children and her grandbabies)! We will miss you Gail, but we know you are healthy and happy and with your Savior! This is a quote from Gail's face book-- "I'm a sinner, saved by grace; not perfect - just forgiven, which gives me GREAT PEACE!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment