Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Michigan Trip

Well I have no pictures to post because I was simply too lazy to take any : )  We, my sister Mary and her family, and my kids and I, headed to MI last Friday.  Since it was spring break for my boys, I thought we'd go see Dad for a few days.  We didn't arrive until late Friday night, but we did manage to stop and get some of the WORLD'S BEST PIZZA FROM PIZZA SAM'S, before arriving at Dad's : )  We also made a stop at Little Ceasar's for some yummy breadsticks too!  We showed our kids where our old crusin' strip was and told them how much fun we use have -- "back in the day", HA! 

We had some of Dad's famous pancakes and sausage on Saturday morning and then we were pretty much lazy all day long.  We started supper and then got a call that the Newport kids and the Forsee kids were going ice skating, so off we ran to Mt. Pleasant for some ice skating.  The kids love going ice skating and I'm so glad they called us to include us in on the fun! 

Sunday morning we had a really good service, God so graciously met with us and we could feel His presence!  As we sang, "He Is All I Need", I couldn't keep from crying--all I could see and hear was "Dad Fritz" singing it with that big grin on his face : (  He loved that song and he believed it will ALL his heart!  I wonder how long it will take for me to be able to go to that church without crying???  I sure miss my Mama and The Fritzs!!!  I was holding it together pretty good this time and then we started singing that song, and...so glad God is ALL we need!!! 

Monday we were going to go and do a little Goodwill shopping but Mary had a flat tire, so that delayed us and then we didn't end up going.  The kids had fun back in the woods with Papa, they LOVE riding back there in his truck and running like wild dingos in the back 40, as we call it!  Dad said they all ran themselves half silly back there and had fun doing it : ) 

That brings us to today when we headed home.  We hate leaving, we wish we could bring Dad with us, but we know that isn't possible, so until next time...we love you Dad and thank you for allowing us to come and be a part of your life for another weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment