Saturday, July 10, 2010

VBS Is Upon Us

Well it is that time once again...VBS time!!!  I look SO forward to this every time our church has it, I guess it is the kid still coming out in me : )  For some reason it seems we only have it about every other year, so I get excited when the preacher says, "we need to have a VBS meeting after church", YEA!  I was asked two years to be "in charge" of the crafts and I was happy to do so.  I got everything ready to go and...that is the week my Mama decided it was her final week to here with us on this old earth.  I spent that whole week in MI, so I missed out on VBS that whole entire week : (  I was SO thankful for my great friend, Bobbie, that stepped in and took over the crafts for me that week!!!  It made it nice to know that everything back here at home was under control and that I could enjoy being with my Mom in her final days!  When we heard those words..."we need to have a VBS meeting after church tonight" a few months ago, I was excited to do whatever I could to help out.  I didn't realize Ms. Sarah had BIG plans for me again this round, but she did : )  Needless to say, I have been preparing lists of items needed, pricing items, pulling out what I have here at home and getting stuff ready for VBS.  When they originally scheduled it, it wasn't till August, but it has been re-scheduled to the week of July 26th, so I knew I had better get my tail end in gear.  I will be gone to MI for a few days before it starts, so anything that needs done for VBS will have to be done and ready to go, by this week.  Today I decided to finalize my "donation list" for craft supplies and start on the work that needs to be done ahead of time (like painting and such).  I know the 3-5 yr. old would looovvveee to do their own painting, but for the sake of their clothes and time, I'm going to get all of that painting done and out of the way.  Today I put my little slaves to "work" and they helped me get the painting underway.  They sure loved this kind of "work", they wish it was this fun and easy every time I called for it to be work time, ha!  Here's what we were able to get done---
Keeg & Kallee helping me paint 14 toilet paper rolls. 
This isn't near enough rolls, but that is all we have collected so far.
Keegan is always so careful and wants to make sure it is done just right ; )
Little Miss Kallee finally getting to paint one green!

1 comment:

  1. I have some tp rolls and macaroni shells here!! That doesn't help much does it? =)

    ReplyDelete