Thursday, August 12, 2010

Indiana Beach 2010

Well the kids did it again...they worked hard on their book reports and they earned tickets to Indiana Beach again this summer!  This has been an annual trip for several years and I would assume it will continue to be an annual thing, as long as our library offers it.  Talon was too old to earn one, so we ended up buying him a ticket, but we were able to get a
Buy-One-Get-One offer with a Coke can, so that was a great deal!  We enjoyed the rides, but we didn't enjoy the heat or the wait in the lines, UGH!  We normally go later in the month and later in the week, but the tickets only had a few available dates on them this year, so we had to use them before the 15th.  By going later in the month (August), most kids have went back to school already and by going on a Wednesday, everyone is working, so...oh well we learned our lesson --stick to a Wednesday : )  I didn't get to ride as many rides as I normally do, I just couldn't stand waiting in the hot sun for 30 mins. for a 5 minute rush, guess I'm getting old, ha!  Also, since Jerry had to leave early, that left me there by myself with the kids, so that meant I had to keep Kallee busy, so not time for the roller coasters.  She did LOVE the roller coaster we went on, in fact, we rode it 5 times for her : )  I think she will be a little dare-devil as she loved the fast rides!  Thanks to our library, Frankfort Public Community Library for this great offer, we sure enjoy it every year!!!

This was the first ride they rode when we hit the park!
This one cooled them off a bit, allows you to shoot water at one another!
She loved the antique cars, since she was able to drive them "herselth" (herself), as she says.

This is the ride I love, but wasn't willing to wait in the hot sun --the Steel Hawg!
We met up with some of our friends, The Huffers, the kids had fun riding rides with them! 
Keegan & Jake
Kallee & Nyree
This isn't a very good pictures, but Kallee loved riding the bumper cars too!
Talon riding the Sky Lift
Kallee getting a Caricature done of herself.
I have one of all of us now, can't wait to frame them and hang them up.
I so wanted the guy to draw her cute baby teeth smile, but he didn't : (  She has lost her bottom 2 teeth and thought it would look so cute in the picture.  I just might have to draw the teeth and the missing teeth in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment