Saturday, November 6, 2010

October 2010

Well October was a month full of fun and activities!  We started the month headed to Old Fashion Days at Union Bible College (UBC), but since I forgot my camera, no pictures : (  This is an event that our family looks forward to each year, we LOVE going!!!  Keegan has wanted a bunny all summer long and when we got there and they were selling rabbits, yep you guessed it, he bought one!  We brought it home Saturday night and on Sunday afternoon he thought he would let it out for some fresh, green grass and...our dog Hailey got ahold of her, ugh!  Needless to say, that didn't make Keeg too happy, but we were able to call the people that we bought it from and they gave him another one--thanks Wheeler family, you made his day!!!  --Next we went onto carving pumpkins, something we haven't done in years.  Since we had a few pumpkins in the garden, the kids wanted to carve them, so we did.  They had fun decorating some of them with markers and other stickers too.  --On the week of the 7th, my hubby surprised me by saying "I want to buy you a ticket to the Lady Antebellum concert"!  I right away called my sister Shirley and she said YES, I want to go too, so...off we headed to Purdue to see Lady A in concert!  I couldn't believe the tickets were only $20, but that was a fun and great investment!  They did a great job and Shirl and I had a lot of fun!!  Thanks honey for the nice surprise, I appreciate those kind of "extras" that you do for me!  --In the middle of the month we had Revival at our church with Bro. Jack Smith, he did a great job!  We were only able to get into a few of the services as we had already had plans to go to MI that week.  We enjoyed ourselves in MI, it is always fun to go "home"!  While I was there, I took some family pictures for a niece of mine and some engagement pictures for another niece of mine.  I'll have to post some of them in another post.  --Kallee had a friend over to help bake/decorate cookies towards the end of the month and they turned out so yummy!  I'm surprised the kids didn't get sick they ate so many of them, but...what fun we had!  --Last but not least, I took the youngest two trick-or-treating on Saturday night at a local church that has trunk-or-treat every year.  I knew with Halloween being on a Sunday this year we wouldn't get to go like we normally do, so I thought I would at least take the time to make sure the kids got to go to this.  We even went to a few friends houses too!  That pretty much sums it up for the month of October, hope you had a great one too!

Keegan diggin' deep to find...
...yucky, slimy pumpkin guts!
Kallee did too!
Ta-da, the final out-come!

Me and my sister Shirley!

The stage at the Lady A concert

Lady Antebellum

Cookie Time

Keegan cutting out the cookies!

Time for the frosting and the...
...sprinkles!
Yummy!!!
Time for dress-up too!


Kallee & Isabelle
Little Miss "Dorthy" getting ready to go!
My little Dorthy and my little football star!!!
She made the cutest Dorthy ever!!
My handsome little football man!!

1 comment:

  1. Isabelle had a great time...thanks for letting her come. I love that Dorthy costume (and the little girl too).....sooo cute! Sounds like a busy month full of lots of great memories.

    ReplyDelete