Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pray for Our Friends -- The Gurnee's

We have just learned a short while ago, our friends from PA have lost a family member. Jerry first met Byron and Julie on "myholiness" and then we later met them in person a few years ago at the Marriage Matters Retreat in OH. As soon as we met them in person, we hit it off! They are some great friends who love their family, their friends and their church people! Julie's brother-in-law, Stephen Mayhle, was one of the 3 officers killed this morning in the "Pittsburg Stand-off"! I don't want to go into any more details, but I know Shandra, Stephen's wife, needs all of us to pray for her and their 2 small daughters! Please take a moment to pray for them, as they will need God's comfort during this time and the hard days ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Janiece. I'm sorry I didn't get your call yesterday. I so appreciate your prayers and kind words.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie -- Not a problem, we are still praying for you all! We love you and pray that you will feel God's arms around you now and in the days ahead! I can't even imagine what you all are going through, but I know God DOES give strength during the time of loss and all those sad days ahead! If we can do anything, PLEASE let us know, you have our #'s! God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete