Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day 2010

Yesterday was Father's Day and we had a nice day!  I didn't get to spend it with my Daddy, but I did send him a gift and called him to tell him how much I love him!  I have a VERY special Dad, I love him SO much!  He has taught me many things in life, that has made into the woman, wife and mother that I am, thanks Dad!!!  --Keegan had a part in the Father's Day program this year, much to his dismay, lol!  He does NOT like to do these kinds of things, but we strongly encourage him to do them, hoping he will realize it isn't so bad and it will help him with this fear.  He does a really good job at it, but he is NOT at all like his brother who loves to be "up in front" and the center of attention.  We had 41 dads at church, we are truly privileged at FBCH (fbhc.net).  If you would like view our Father's Day service or any of our services, click on the link provided.  After service we went to Jerry's parents house and had a nice Father's Day meal!  I made a couple desserts;  Jerry's favorite--Banana Split Cake and my FIL's favorite--Lemonade Pie!  After dinner we came home and gave Jerry his gifts.  I bought him a pair of tennis shoes, as his are REALLY looking nasty and I know he won't spend the $$$ on them for himself, so...we also bought him a game set he has been wanting.  All in all, we had a nice day!  We hope all you father's out there had a nice day too!

Keegan reciting his part -- "Our home is built on a solid foundation that can withstand the storms of life.  Father lays a row of blocks marked integrity, faithfulness and love. 
He adds another row of caring, honesty and purity."


Jerry and his kids--Talon in back (13), Keegan on his right (9)
and Kallee on his lap (5).
Daddy with his little Kallee Rae-Rae
Keeg and Daddy
T-Man and Jerry
Keegan giving him his gifts
Jerry reading his card from the kids--
"You have what it takes to be a perfect Dad-understanding,
 wisdom, patience (well kind of : )...and US!"
I love this picture, it shows how proud Keegie was with the gift they found for their Daddy : )
It is a 2-in-1, outdoors game set that he has been wanting.  It was originally around $70 and we paid right around $30 for it, yea!
Daddy and his kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment