Friday, August 24, 2007

School Days, School Days, Good Old Golden Rule Days!

Here we come FCA, so watch out! The boys were off this morning at 9:30 to start their day as a first grader (Keegan) and a fifth grader (Talon). My how time flys, I can't believe the boys are getting so big. Talon will be in Mrs. Norfleet's class again this year, she is such a GEM! Our school is truly blessed to have Mrs. Norfleet on our staff! He (Talon) was really excited to start this year, I don't know why, but he was. I'm sure that will change a month from now, lol! Keegan on the other hand, was NOT ready to start! As far as he's concerned, school could start every year without him, lol! He (Keegan) however, was really excited when I picked them up from school, he said "my teacher is really AWESOME"! We have been telling him he would like Miss Lyndsey, so give her a chance. I don't think it is that he didn't think he would like her, he just doesn't like the whole sitting down, learning experience. At the lunch table he informed us that he learned some manners from Miss Lyndsey today. When I asked him what he learned, he said "I can't remember, but we DID learn some". Kids!!! All in all, I think we are off to a great start. Don't ask me that in a few weeks from now, because I'm sure all of us will have changed our minds a little, lol! We are thankful the Lord has blessed us with a wonderful school to send our children to, with CHRISTIAN teachers that LOVE them!!! God is soo good!
First grade here I come!
Fifth grade, here I come!

Brothers by birth, pals by choice!

Heading in to start their first day of school!

Keegan with his new teacher, Miss Lyndsey!


Talon after finishing putting everything in his desk!



These are some of the wall decorations in Talon's class.

Keegan standing by his very own locker!


Kerri is Keegan's "girlfriend", she is such a sweetie!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, school -- I didn't care for it much when I was younger but I love it now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never cared for it either, but now is a different story:) Of course there were those guys that I didn't mind to go see every day, lol! Jerry was no where around, and not even in the picture so I had to have a reason to go to school,ha!

    ReplyDelete