Monday, August 18, 2008

2008-2009 School Year Begins

Well, Friday was the first day of the 2008-2009 school year! It seems to come earlier and earlier each year, ugh. The boys weren't too thrilled about going, but I guess I can't blame them, I use to be the same way when it came to the end of the summer. I know once they get back in the groove of things, it will be just fine : ) They have a new principal this year, Mr. Ron Coleman and Keegan has a new teacher, Mrs. Shelly Coleman. They seem like VERY NICE people and we are SO EXCITED to have them join our school and church! We have been warning the boys all summer (since we knew the Coleman's were coming), that there were bound to be new rules, but also would come a lot of new ideas and FUN too! We are totally and completely behind the Coleman's and we know that they are not here by accident, God sent them our way! After looking and praying for 3 years, God saw fit to answer our prayers! So often we want Him to answer our prayers on our timing, but we have to trust Him to do it in His timing! Welcome Coleman's and best of luck in this 2008-2009 school year! -- P.S. Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to Mr. Johnson for the wonderful job he did during his years in the principal's position! You did your best and we appreciate that very much!
I think this sign and the flowers look so pretty out front of the school!
For quite awhile we didn't have a sign and it looked so drab!

My big 2nd grader!

Keegan in front of his locker, he loves having his own locker!

It has kind of been a tradition of mine, to make the boys hold up fingers to represent the grade they are going in. Normally they don't mind doing this at home on the front porch (where I normally take their "first day" pictures), but this year since we were running late I had them do it at their desk. They weren't too pleased with me when I told them to do it, HA! I guess we will have to go back to the front porch next year for pictures : )

1 comment:

  1. Good grief! I can't believe Talon is in 6th grade....I'm clearly getting old!

    ReplyDelete