Friday, August 22, 2008

Pray for Payton

I just found out this week that a "little boy" I use to babysit (when I first moved here to IN) has been in the hospital. He wasn't doing well, but he is doing some better. He is only 14 so I'm sure this hasn't been a fun experience for him. Read below to see what his Mom just sent me and please keep them in your prayers. Thanks!

"We are hoping that Payton gets to come home today. He is feeling much better and really at this point does not need the care of the hospital. We are going to bring him home and see if he can remain well. I think we have come to the decision that as soon as these symptoms come back, we are going to take out the colon. We pray that by some miracle this won’t happen, but for now they have his symptoms at a manageable level due to the steroids they have been giving him. They are going to try some cancer drug to try and keep his symptoms under control. It is called methotrexate. This is really our last resort before taking the colon out, which they said from the CT scan, is chronically damaged.
Keep us in your prayers!"

2 comments:

  1. How strange...I was sorting through old files Saturday and came across a prayer list from one of our women's Bible studies 4+ years ago. His name was on it. I've read before that when you are in a spirit of prayer (explanation of the verse PRAY WITHOUT CEASING) that even the thought of someone can be a prayer for that individual. I'd like to think that God had me find that paper to think of Payton the other day and send prayers heavenward :) We'll certainly remember him and the family. This doesn't sound like fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara told me about Payton - and I have prayed and will continue to. What an awful thing for a young boy to go through. I went through enough and it wasn't that bad.... and it was long and awful.

    ReplyDelete