Thursday, August 21, 2008

End of Summer Fun '08

Well the summer fun has almost come to an end around here. Last week my BIL, Stan, called and wanted to know if we could meet them (him, my sister Shirley and my nieces Shauna & Chantal) in Indy at the State Fair. We hadn't planned on going this year, but we said yes and headed that way. We had a nice day just roaming the animal barns and taking advantage of all the free, kid stuff : ) Of course Uncle Stan spoiled the kids, again, and bought them tickets to ride some of the rides. Thanks Stan!!! We had a beautiful day that day, it wasn't so hot that we couldn't enjoy ourselves. We also met my sister Mary and her family to, so it was a nice, relaxing day! --Yesterday we decided we would take the boys (after school) to use their Indiana Beach tickets. They earned these from the library's Summer Reading Program, so we wanted to make sure they got to use them, before they expired. We had another beautiful day to enjoy the park! We all had fun riding the rides, we started our day by riding their newest ride, the "Steel Hawg". Keegan didn't want to go on it (because it went upside down), so Talon and I jumped on it and had fun! I think between all of us, we rode all of the roller coasters, several times. I told the boys "you'd better enjoy having me ride these with you, I think I'm starting to get to old to keep it up", HA! If any of you are interested in going, make sure you take a Coke product or a CVS receipt and you get tickets "Buy One, Get One Free"! Isn't that C-R-A-Z-Y?! Just by carrying in a empty Coke can, we got a free ticket for me. All in all, it was a great day to spend with the boys! Kallee stayed with Mamaw and had some fun. I know she would have had fun, but we didn't feel like spending $20 on a ticket for her and then spending most of our time in KiddyLand.

Indiana State Fair - '08
When we arrived, the horse barn was just beginning to fill up,
this stall however, was still empty so... : )
Free putt-putt

Jimmy Wayne was on the free-stage that night, so we enjoyed hearing a couple of his songs!


Talon and Keegan enjoying a ride!

CJ, Kallee and Maddy


Kallee, Maddy and Tim (my nephew and Maddy's Daddy)

Indiana Beach - '08 The Steel Hawg

Keegan loved getting to drive Daddy.

The boys boarding the Shafer Queen boat, of course we had to sit on the upper level.


This is what the park looked like when we were on the boat ride.


The boys enjoying the boat ride.


Me & my baby


Mommy and Keegan riding the Giant Gondola Wheel


Up, up and away on the Double Shot ride!




Keegan & I riding the "Skyride", it takes you from one end
of the park to the other, up above the park.

Daddy & Talon was a couple seats in front of us.

This is what the view looked like down below, from our seats.

5 comments:

  1. looks like you had fun! Looks like you were able to change your page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry -- I just changed the colors and added a new picture as the header, but as far as changing the whole layout, I'm too much of a chicken to do it, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the Indiana Beach pictures. We had great times there O so long ago. Now its silver dollar city, obviously since its closer. Miss you, girl?

    ReplyDelete