Tuesday, August 12, 2008

One Week Ago...

One week ago today, Mom went to be with Jesus! Wow, I can't believe it has been a week already, but it has. I'm sure she is enjoying all the splendor that only Heaven contains, something that we can not fathom. I wish I could say I haven't had my sad moments, but I have. I cried myself to sleep on Tuesday night knowing that we would never be with her again, here on earth at least. When we all went out to eat last Saturday night, I looked down the table to see Dad, and no Mom : ( I felt kind of guilty sitting there having a nice time, and it had only been one day since we said our final goodbyes to her. I then missed her in church on Sunday morning, it just wasn't the same without her there. When it was time to leave to head home, it was really hard to kiss Dad goodbye. While doing every day chores, I begin to think of her and that we will NEVER see or hear from her and I begin to cry. I know that time will help heal our broken hearts, but until then... I know she is in Heaven and is no longer in pain (for that I am VERY grateful!!!) but I'm still human and I miss her. Since returning home, I have received several nice cards, thanks sooo much to all of you that have sent your words of encouragement, they mean so much! Also, thanks to some dear friends of ours (Dave & Lynette) for the beautiful woven, layered throw. I haven't found the perfect spot for it, but I'm sure I will. In closing, here is the verse that is on the throw.

I'm In Heaven
Now I'm in heaven,
And angels
Are near;
God is my comfort
And dries
Every tear.
And although
For a while,
We must be apart;
Remember I'll always
Live on in your heart.

By: R. Fogle Dicksons

2 comments:

  1. I have learned that those "missing my Mom" moments never go away, even after 29 years. Instead I have turned that deep hurt into "thank you, God" moments. It's in those moments that I say a thank you to God for the memories that I do have. And for the things/people/heritage left behind. Have been praying for you all week, my friend. kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn--
    I'm sure those "missing Mom moments" won't ever go away, but I'm sure it will get some easier over time. I am very thankful for all that she meant to me and my family and for what she left behind! I am also VERY thankful that God only let her suffer for a week and then took her to Heaven, I don't know if I could have handled much more of that. He was gracious to the very end of her life, thank the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete