Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's a....

... My sister Mary and I were going to leave IL yesterday to head home, but my niece Meg said "can't you stay until tomorrow morning, I will be having my first ultrasound"?! We quickly called home to see if our hubbys could watch our kids for an extra day and then decided we would stay another night. After ordering pizza and playing a 20 hour round of Phase 10 (hee hee), we chilled out the rest of the evening by watching a chick flick (no the guys didn't stay up they headed to bed : ) This morning we woke up and got ready to head to her ultrasound with them. We (my sister Mary & I) didn't intend on going in with them for it, we were just going to sit in the waiting room and wait to hear the verdict. When they were called back, they invited Meg's parents and us aunts to go back with them. Us aunts hesitated on going, knowing that this was their first ultrasound, for their first baby, but...when Daddy LaMorris said to "come on", we jumped at the chance : ) We all got to see the baby and we all did our share of awwing and oooing! I must admit, we all walked out a little disappointed because he/she was being modest and wouldn't allow the tech to get a good shot of her/him, grrr! : ) Oh well, for their next ultrasound they can have some peace and quite and go by themselves, so hopefully he or she will cooperate, HA!
LaMorris (the baby's Daddy) is sure it's a boy, but us girls think different : ) We were gonna do the "pencil pregnancy test" on her last night and then we forgot, so we did it while waiting for her to be called back for the ultrasound. According to the most efficient and accurate test there is around (HA! HA!), we will be welcoming a baby girl into our family in June!

Shirley was so impressed by this test, she said "do me and see what it says I have had"! The test was right on, it showed her having a girl last and 3 boys before that, so... We also checked to see if she was gonna have any more and she assured us that she would break the dumb pencil if it showed any more, LOL!


The nurse explaining some things to Meggie & LaMorris

The face of a PROUD DADDY!!!

He or she was sooo precious to see! God's handiwork continues to amaze me!!!

Papa Stan & Grammy Shirley sure loved seeing this little one!

The Proud-to-Be Parents -- Megan & LaMorris

Thanks SO much for sharing your special moment with us!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had alot of fun in Chicago. My daughter thinks city life would be great. Sorry to hear about Jerrys job. Hope one opens up soon. I understand about the need to know how much at the end of the month. Wish you guys lived closer for playing Mad Gab. We can't get many people interested in playing it. Hope you all have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had the string and pencil test done for a long time. I think it told me I was having a boy first so I never paid any more heed :) But I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE this little one cooperates with us in two weeks!! So neat that you were able to be there and could capture the moment for them on camera. Sure would make a neat scrapbook page...with not only ultrasound pics but pics of the family looking on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy--
    Yes we did have fun, something we probably won't do for another 10 yrs, Ha! Your daughter can have the city life, this small town girl will come visit her, LOL! As far as Jerry's job, we have to keep praying and looking. Jerry's usually not a game player, but him and the guys did a really good job at Mad Gab.

    ReplyDelete