Thursday, January 8, 2009

Visting the Windy City

Welcome to the beautiful "windy city" of Chicago!
On Tuesday morning my sister Mary and I headed to the Chicago area for the night. My niece Meg wanted to surprise her mama --Shirley (which also happens to be my sister) by taking her to Chicago for a show on Broadway, for her birthday. She thought it would be fun for us aunts to go too, however there was one of our sisters that wasn't there. With our "current situation" I knew I couldn't go, so my sister Mary said "yes you ARE going and I'm gonna buy your ticket for your birthday" (since my b-day was the last part of December). Shirley and her hubby Stan headed up a day early so they could stay an extra day with their "baby girl" Meg and her hubby LaMorris, so Mary and I headed out together. We ran into a few slick spots, but Mary did a great job and got us there safe : ) Once we got to Meg's place, we had a little while to yak and then it was time to get ready. We all went for dinner and then headed to the train station to catch the 5:40 train. All of us, except Meg, had never been on a train like this before so it was quite an experience. It is amazing to think this is an every day occurrence to most of those people on the train (riding the train that is). I can't imagine getting around like that, but for most of them it is cheaper and quicker for them, than owning a car. Anyways the show was great and we all had a great time! Afterwards we walked around a few blocks before heading back to catch the 11:20 train. The city was beautiful with all the lights and busyness going on around us, but I know I wouldn't enjoy living there : ) Thanks so much for inviting us, sheltering us and providing for us while we were there Meg & LaMorris, we love you both! Thanks for everything!

L to R: Mary, Janiece, Meggie & Shirley (the birthday girl : )

Us "girls" waiting on our chow to arrive!


Shirley & Mary riding the train (the picture of Meg and I on the train didn't turn out)

Cadillac Palace the place we went for the show, it was an absolutely gorgeous building!


Some pictures of the downtown streets and the beautiful lights


On one of the park benches someone proudly wrote "Obama", so I decided to be a little rebellious and wrote McCain/Palin '12 on the next bench : )

Meg decided us aunties had too much room to spare in our bed,
so she climbed in with us so we could all talk : )

This is their cute little apartment, it is so nice!
These ladies and gentlemen would appear several times a day for a nice winter's meal. We told Stan and LaMorris to get their guns and we could have some venison : )
They have an absolute beautiful view in their back yard!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a blast! I'm jealous! I am sooo ready to get outta town!

    ReplyDelete