Monday, August 24, 2009

God Always Comes...

when we need to feel His presences the most!!! So thankful for the wonderful service we had last night! It seems a lot has been going on around here lately, more than I care to deal with and more than I can not deal with, if I did not have God in my life!!! Last night we were singing
The Crystal Fountain, this is a very familiar song to me, as we use to sing it over and over and over in the church I grew up in. God came almost every time when we would sing it. As a teen I remember I could feel His presence, but I didn't always understand all the words. Well last night, a portion of the chorus really spoke to me--"where ALL my life's deep needs have been supplied...". It is so AWESOME to know we serve an AWESOME God who is willing and able to supply ALL of our life's deep needs, no matter how dark the times make look!!! His presences was SO real to me last night and I'm thankful I can trust Him to help us through what we are facing today and what we will face in the future! I also read a portion of scripture this morning that spoke to me "Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men" Lamentations 3:32-33. Wow, how cool is that?! "He will show compassion AND so great is his unfailing love"!!! I am so thankful I serve a God who will be with me/us, through all of life's trials! : )

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear things aren't going the best for you. If you ever need someone to talk to, let me know. God was in our service last night also. We had a couple of teens come to the alter. It's good to know He still moves. Hope things start looking up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janiece-
    You do not know me. I was blog surfing and came across your blog. I got chills as I read your post about God's presence coming while you sang'The Crystal Fountain' because the exact same thing happened at our church yesterday too! We sang that song and as we sang I began to feel God speaking to me thru it and I knew I HAD to give Him praise or I would blow up! I stood to testify and only got out a few words when God's presence so overwhelmed me that all I could do was lift my hands in the air and praise Him. It was a beautiful moment. I LOVE when God chooses to bless us that way!
    Anyway, I wanted to share my experience and encourage you that whatever you are going through that God will NEVER leave you nor forsake you! His plans and timing are always best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy--Thanks so much for lending your ear : ) Glad God met with you in your service too!

    Liz--Isn't it amazing that God can be anywhere He wants to be, at anytime, meeting the needs of His people, at the same time?!? : ) Thanks for sharing your post with me, that brought a smile to my face and tears to my eyes. God IS so good!!!

    ReplyDelete