Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mom Celebrates Her 1 Year Anniversary in Heaven

Well today is the day, Mom has been gone for 1 whole year, where has the time went?!?! We still miss her each and every day, but we are sure glad she is no longer in pain and is enjoying the presences of her Savior! I have shed a few tears today, but I've tired to think of the happy times : ) It is still hard to believe that she is gone and not just at the store or away, especially when we are here at "her" house. Jerry and I drove up to MI over the weekend, but he had to go back on Sunday. The kids and I stayed here to be with Dad for today, hoping that we could comfort him, if needed. We went with Dad to the cemetery to see the grave stone, it is so pretty, he did a great job picking it out! We love you Mom and want you to know, we will see you again some day. "But until then, my heart will go on singing, until then with joy I'll carry on..."
The pretty stone Daddy picked out for himself and Mama

The kids looking at Nana's stone for the first time

Dad and some of us girls, Shirley had to go home a day early so she couldn't be with us.


A few of the grand kids and great-grandkids that were there (LtoR): Keegan, Talon, Jared, Kallee, Josiah, Crystal, Maverick, CJ and Javin

1 comment:

  1. I have a card (actually a stack of cards for all of your siblings and dad too) sitting here waiting to be mailed. I thought I was getting them out on time and then the day came and went. We left for Michigan the next day and I did NOT get to the P.O.
    The stone is very pretty. Your dad did good =) That is something my dad didn't get a chance to do so us kids had to choose one.

    ReplyDelete