Friday, August 14, 2009

Summer Trip to MI 8/09

Well as always, we took a trip to MI this summer to visit Dad! We usually spend several days there and this year was no different, me and the kids spent a week there. We didn't really do much, but we just relaxed and enjoyed Dad's company! While we were there, we had a baby shower for my niece Megan and her baby Kai, that was fun (look for pictures of that in a previous post). I took pictures for my niece Crystal and her family too (look for a seperate post on them). Also while we were there, I helped Dad can some of his famous Kosher Dills, YEA! They turned out SO good last year, he decided to try them again this year. Last year I didn't really pay that much attention to how he was doing them, but this year I jumped in and enjoyed the experience! I now am anxious to get ahold of some small cucumbers and try my hand at canning some. All in all, we had a real nice time!
Kallee finally getting to hold little Kai guy! She didn't get to hold him when he was born because no one under the age of 12 was allowed in the room, so...Meg made sure she got to
hold him this time, thanks Meg!
What a big yawn for such a little guy: )
Grammy Shirley lovin' on her little grandson : )
Taking a summer walk to Papa's "40 acres"!
While we up there this time, I took family pictures for my niece and her family at Island Park in Mt. Pleasant. At this park, they have a military memorial there and it is really neat. Here is the statuette in honor of the Vietnam War, it is beautiful and HUGE!
Here is the face of the soldier who is comforting another solider.
The boots on the solider were like a giant's foot, look at the size of
Talon's flip-flop in comparison.
Beginning the task of canning pickles
Some of the larger cucumbers we canned and then made the others into salads, yummy!
Cleaning the cucumbers
Ta-da some of the pickles waiting for the vinegar/water solution to be poured on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment