Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saying Goodbye to J & S Rentals

As many of you know, I have worked for The Waggoners, off and on for 13 years. A year and a half ago, I was asked if I would like to fill-in for the summer and I said sure, after all I we could use the moola. Well what went from just working the summer, turned into working until December, working till the first of the year...and now has been 1 1/2 years. I can't believe it has been that long, but it has been. I really have felt for some time that I was "cheating" my kids by having someone drag them to the office for me after school, and then getting home late and then not having much time before it was off to bed for them. I talked it over with my hubby and he said if I really felt like I should quit, to do so. Needless to say, I gave a 2 month notice and yesterday was my last day! The kids are thrilled that I will be picking them up from school every day and that we will get to come home and do homework and actually have supper before 6:30. I am thrilled that I can start my cleaning or laundry and not have to stop at 12:30 and leave to head to work. Don't get me wrong, I was very thankful to have this job, it helped pay off some credit card debt, some medical bills, and helped with the "extras". We will miss not having that extra, but I'm sure we will manage somehow. I do plan on going to work for Jerry a couple days a week in his office, but I will only be working a couple hours each day and I will be done before heading to pick up the boys from school. When I arrived at work yesterday, there was the most beautiful Christmas centerpiece waiting for me! It is sooo gorgeous, I wish it was silk and I could use it year after year! It has burgundy calla lilies(sp?) which are my favorite flower! It also has some burgundy carnations, along with some white snowball type flowers (I don't what type they are). There is some pine and spruce sprays in it, along with some gold sprayed greenery. To finish it off, it has a gold ball spray stuck here and there and a large silk, burgundy ribbon. Thanks so much J&S for this BEAUTIFUL centerpiece, it is much appreciated!!!

It looks so pretty on my dining room table!

Look at the gorgeous calla lilies(sp?)!

2 comments:

  1. VERY pretty! I'm thinking Kim had a hand in this??? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she had a lot to do with it : ) I just can't picture John & Steve trying to decide if they wanted the gold sprays in there or not, lol!

    ReplyDelete