Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Catchin' Up

Well it seems like forever since I have made a "real" post...so here goes. The boys finished school on the 23rd of May, with a Fun Day. It wasn't near the fun they had planned on (since it rained and they couldn't have their water fight), but it still was kind of fun they said : ) They had an airplane contest; they could create 2 airplanes and they would be judged on creativity, longest flight and something else I can't remember, lol. Since I totally forgot about this event until the alarm went off that morning, I jumped out of bed and ran down and told them to get up and get dressed fast. They did and then I said "we've got to make airplanes", so that's what they did. Keegan couldn't think of anything so I gave him a few ideas and he did 2 of my suggestions. He drew a farm on one side and a zoo on the other. Talon did an American theme with an eagle and a flag. They turned out pretty good for only having a little bit of time to do them. Keegan won 1st and 2nd place in 2 different categories and Talon won 2nd place in one of the categories. --On the 24th we had an open house to attend in the afternoon and then the awards ceremony was that evening. Both the boys did well and brought home several trophies/metals. We were very proud of their accomplishments!!! --On the 25th we had a beautiful Memorial Service and had a special program in memory of our friends and loved ones that have passed on. This program was arranged by Sarah Fry and she did a WONDERFUL job, thanks so much Sarah for ALL your hard work!!! We also dedicated our church sign in memory of our Dale Bailey. He is missed dearly among our church members (go to www.fbhc.net to view the service and pictures). Later that day we had graduation to attend and then some more open houses. --Memorial Day was fun this year, we had some of our friends over: The Sullivans, The Kricks and The Highlanders! We had a great time eating and catching up with one another, it is great to have friends like them! --Bright and early, well for me (hee hee), Talon started his play practice for "Alice in Wonderland", on the 27th. He has went every day (except Saturday & Sunday), since then. His practice lasts for at least 3 hours a day, ugh. He is enjoying it a lot and can't wait for the performances to get here. If you would like to attend, call 654-6307 to reserve your tickets. The performances are; Thurs. - Sat. June 26-28, 7:00p.m. and a 2:00p.m. performance on the 28th as well. Tickets are only $5.00 and it will be a great musical to attend, your kids will love it! Tickets will go SUPER fast, so call right away if you want tickets. --Keegan has been attending some of the classes at the library this summer, I figure if I have to go in to pick up Talon, I might as well make my trip count and let him get in on some of the fun. So far he has learned about dinosaurs, helicopters and sailboats and has made one of each. His next class is on foods and they will get to sample some of it, he is looking forward to that one. --Miss Kallee is being a sweet, little angel, HA! HA! She thinks she needs to tell the boys what to do since they are home all day : ) I told her to go wake Keegan up this morning and she informed me "I spanked him with my wooden spoon because he didn't get up", LOL! Sure enough, her little wooden spoon laid on the floor by their bedroom door, when I got downstairs : ) --Last but not least, we had our Mission's Service on the 1st and raised over $50,000!!! I was a little worried about how much would be brought in since everyone seems to be sooo stressed to the max with financial burdens, but...God proved to be faithful, once again! If you wish to see scenes from this event, go to our church site @ www.fbhc.net. Well I have rambled long enough, so I hope this catches me up for awhile.


Keegan showing off his "farm-side" of his plane.

Talon's eagle and flag


Keegan's awards included: Honor Roll, Citizenship, No Failed PACE Tests and Scripture Memorization

Talon's awards were: Honor Roll, No Failed PACE Tests and Scripture Memorization (I didn't get a picture of him with them, because he went to spend the night with his Great-Grandparents that night)

1 comment:

  1. I thought I commented on this but maybe not....

    Anyway, congrats to the boys and their accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete