Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rude Awakening

Well around 2:45 this morning I had a VERY RUDE awakening! Some guy, I won't say gentleman because I know he's NOT one, called me on my cell. After "hello ,who is this" he said said some, um what should I say... some not-so-nice words to me. Of course he thought it was someone else, but after I told him he had the wrong number, he rattled off some other, colorful words, YIKES!!! I then proceeded to hang up and waited for him to call back, because something told me he wouldn't leave it alone and...sure enough, a couple minutes later he called again. This time, my hubby said "give me the stupid phone"!!! This time he asked (when he heard a man's voice), "is this Lisa's husband"? Jerry wasn't too thrilled and told him the same thing I did, "you have the WRONG number"!!! I figured this would go on a few more times until I shut my phone off, but he didn't call back until tonight while I was making supper. It was basically the same thing (minus the colorful words) "who is this, you called me what do you want"? I proceeded to tell him in a kind, but firm way, "YOU HAVE THE WRONG NUMBER"! I'm sure he was getting ready to use his colorful words again, but I hung up before he could. I wonder how many times this idiot will call before he finally gives up?! I figure I will let it go to voicemail the next time I see it says "private caller" on my id! As I laid there and thought about what had just happened, a thought quickly came to me..."it is only because of God's grace that I don't think or talk like that". I know I wasn't raised in that kind of environment, but yet I have many friends that weren't either; yet they have chosen a different path in life. I am very thankful for God's grace that has been extended to me, so I could choose this path that I'm on.

5 comments:

  1. I hate that. Sometimes at work my 'coworkers" use that language on purpose I think. I don't let on that it offends me as much as I used to, but give me a break. I think that if someone does not want to hear that kind of tallk have some respect. That guy, you think he would have gotten the hint when Jerry answered. Probably picked the # up from some bar. What a creep!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci--
    I can assure you I didn't leave my number at any bar, HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noo, Nooo, I meant he probably wrote the number down...wrong...at the bar. Like made a miskake, a 7 as a 1. Oh My, how funny....I cannot even picture you hanging out a bar with a favorite drink...HAHA...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe you can report these types of phone calls to the police if they call more that twice. It may be harder to track since it's not showing his number, but you CAN file a report. I hate those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci--
    I was just teasing you : )

    ReplyDelete