Thursday, June 26, 2008

Opening Nite -- "Alice in Wonderland" Jr.

Last night was the opening nite of "Alice in Wonderland". It was the family nite, so all the rest of you will have to wait until tonight to go : ) The cast and crew did a WONDERFUL job!!! I have never really liked this story/movie, so I was hoping it would be good. The kids all were great and the singing was great too! We were very proud of Talon, of course, he did a great job too! He played three different roles; the Royal Cardsmen, the Doorknob and a Crab. I am actually excited to go back and see it again, ha. If you haven't gotten tickets, I think there are a few left so give them a call. I would like to say thank you to all of our family that was able to be there, it made Talon happy to see you all there -- Mamaw, Gma & Gpa Hysel, Aunt Elizabeth & Tony, Nana & Papa, Aunt Darlene, Aunt Mary & Uncle John and gang, cousins Bob, DD & Becca. We hope you enjoyed yourselves!
Opening of the play --everyone is busy playing cards, running around playing tag, etc.
Alice falls asleep and her adventure begins!

Alice with the White Rabbit and one of the Cheshire Cats

Talon as the Doorknob -- funny lines as usaul : )


Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum (played by sisters; Sophie & Isabelle)

Karissa, our cousins daughter --she was one of the flowers from the
"Golden Afternoon Garden Club"

The caterpillar -- was AWESOME, so cute!

Talon as a Royal Cardsmen

The Queen of Hearts -- she played her part very well, very wicked : )

The Cardsmen being afarid of the Queen

The ordering of "off with their heads" by the Queen!

Now it is Alice's turn -- "off with her head"

Talon with his friend Evan

Talon with his cousin CJ

Talon with his Aunt Mary

Baby Maverick all tired out!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! The play looked awesome! Mary looked cute with a gold nose! Tell her I said "hi, friend". Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a school assignment for drama, I am playing a royal cardsman:
    can you tell me about playing the royal cardsman character?
    how did you do it and what did you like about doing it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. emukama--
    I liked playing the role because I had to acted both scared and funny. I just read my script over and over until I became familar with the role. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete