Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend Review

On Saturday we were among the HUGE crowd, to attend Denisa (Campbell) and Brent Stetler's wedding. It was a FULL house, plus some! I felt so bad for them that it rained and rained and rained, but it ended up being nice at the end of the reception. The rain was so bad, that a lot of people could wring the water out of their clothes : ( All and all, it was a very nice wedding and reception. We are so happy for the both of you, may God give you a lifetime of love, memories, babies and more : ) --While at their reception, something happened that I had never seen before... Greg George purposed to Debbie Fry. When he headed up to the microphone, and said "I talked with Debbie's day this morning and asked him if I could marry Debbie", I thought "oh my word, I can't believe he is doing this"! Of course it was shocking enough to me, I can't imagine how Debbie felt : ) It was very neat, Denisa took Debbie by the hand and walked her up to Greg so he could purpose, very sweet of Denisa and Brent to "share their day" with Debbie and Greg. BTW, she said yes! Congrats to Debbie & Greg!

Sunday we decided to stay home for church instead of going to camp in Greenville to try and save some $$$ by not filling the gas tank. We didn't have Sunday school so we were able to sleep in a little, yea! Once we got there, we were sad to learn that our Jr. Church leader (Gene Davis) lost his brother due to a motor-cycle accident. Please remember Gene & Angie Davis and their family in your prayers! I can't even imagine the pain and sadness they are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment