Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Lost Sheep

Since Gene & Angie were gone on Sunday, that put us "in charge" of Jr. Church. Our theme for the day was "The Lost Sheep". We started class with the kids helping me search for my lost sheep that I had "misplaced", (Jeffery Durgan was the winner for finding my lost sheep). Then we had a "shepherd" come to visit our class (Jerry). Of course our story was about the lost sheep and our scripture was Luke 15:6. It was kind of neat that we used that scripture because we had a rather wiggly, little Luke in our class...so we were able to make a big deal about our scripture reading and scripture being taken from the book of Luke : ) Anyways, towards the end of the class we had all the kids write down people in their lives that were "lost". Some of them caught on, but others wrote themselves down, their great grandparents (that have been saints for years) or their pets that are lost, HA! As I pulled those little papers out today to begin praying for those listed on them, I found some that really DID know who they were requesting prayer for. There were a lot of aunts, uncles, mamaws, friends, etc. on those pieces of paper and it made me sad to see that some of them realize that their family and friends are lost. On the other hand, it made me happy that they realize that those people need prayer. If you think about it, say a prayer for these requests, I know you don't know them, but God does and He knows how much it would mean to these little ones if He answered their prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment