Thursday, July 3, 2008

Some Time Alone

I would like to say thank you to my hubby for allowing us some time alone on our anniversary. We went to dinner, did a little shopping at the mall and stayed at Holiday Inn for the evening. I know, it may not sound that romantic to some of you, but at least it was time we could enjoy each other's company, without 101 interuptions by little ones : ) We ate at Texas Roadhouse and since we were there before 6:00, we got the $14.99 special, YEA! At the mall I spent around $25 and got some great bargains: 3 pair of of uniform pants for Talon, a pair of goggles Keegan has been itching to have (he is paying me back : ), 4 pair of tights and a pair of flip flops for Kallee and a sweater for me. Of course I only shop the the clearance sections, so... that explains the great deals. Oh I almost forgot, I bought some soap (.87cents/bar) and some body spray ($2.62) at Bath and Body Works! B&BW sale goes until Sunday, so you'd better head over there if you are in need of those items, great bargains! And if you need tights for your little ones for fall/winter, they had a ton of toddler tights at Kohl's (.80cents for 2 pair). They were originally $8.00 for the 2 of them, so that is a GREAT buy!!! They have 12% spandex, so they are pretty nice tights. Just thought I would throw that bit of info out to you bargain shoppin' Mamas, LOL! As far as the hotel...we bought a gift certificate 3 or 4 years ago and are just now getting around to using it. Of course we paid for it back then, so no expense went out for that. Needless to say, we had a very cheap evening, but that is fine with me, cause I got to spend the evening with my man : ) Those kind of nights don't happen very often for us, so I'm just glad we got to be together!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds about like us. I want to save all I can so that someday I can have a digital camera so I do without little things right now! I definitely need to shop with you! I hardly ever find good stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice! Glad you had some time alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry --
    I use to find stuff like this all the time, but that was before Jerry became self-employed :( I use to be able to splurge a little more, but now I don't get to go that often. I ALWAYS check the clearance areas! I found that it helps if you can go often and watch for those deals.

    ReplyDelete