Sunday, July 27, 2008

Update On Mom

We had a nice time at the wedding yesterday, Meg looked absolutely beautiful! I will post details and pictures later. In my previous post I asked for your prayers for our family, thanks so much for all of them! Mom and Dad did not make it to the wedding, Mom was not well enough to. I talked with Dad on our way home from Chicago yesterday and he said she had put in another rough day. He did say they were able to take a little drive on Friday evening around the countryside to "get her out of the house". He was hoping she would get a good nights rest last night and that maybe they could make it to camp today, but...instead she put in a REALLY bad night and he was up most of the night. He was heading to bed this afternoon around 3:00 since he hadn't really been to bed yet. My sister Darlene and her daughter Kay were with her this afternoon to help out, so Dad could rest. My niece, Kay, is a nurse and she told my sister, "you'd better call your sisters and brother home, grandma isn't doing well". As we speak, we are on our way to MI to be with them. We have gotten a couple of calls today and said she wasn't doing well. Her breathing is really shallow and she is beginning to hallucinate. She isn't eating or drinking much at all and she is super weak. We feel as if this maybe our last trip "home" to visit with her. Please continue to keep us all in your prayers! Most of us (31 of us) live here in IN, so there will be a lot of traveling going on. My niece Meg is taking all of this news pretty bad and has talked about not going on her honeymoon, cause she wants to be with all of us if Mom should get worse or even pass away. We have told her Mom wouldn't want her to do that, so in the morning, her and her new hubby will be off to the Bahamas. Anyways, just thought I would give you an update. We will keep you posted if possible, but since we don't get a very good signal up there, we might not be able to. Thanks again for your prayers, they mean a lot to us!

3 comments:

  1. I hope your mom gets to feeling better and I hope all of you are doing well. I will be blogging more often now so I hope to stay updated on all that is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, you know that we are praying and we care very much. If you get this comment in time, tell your mom that we love her and tell your dad we are praying for strength and grace for the days ahead. We know it's not easy. Last year, Dad wanted to get to camp on that last Sunday. But when Sunday came he just wasn't up to it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear this, Janiece. I know this will be a rough week for all of you. We'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete