Monday, May 17, 2010

FBHC WOW Tea ~ 2010

Last week was our church ladies Women of Worth tea! For years we have had an active WOW group and for years we have had an "end-of-the year" tea, in April.  We usually have our WOW meetings/gatherings once a month and take the summer months off.  This year however, we had so much going on, we didn't have many monthly meetings, so we knew for sure they would probably have our tea.  Each year we have a different theme for the tea and this year we had a Rainbow theme.  Each table was a different color of the rainbow and all the foods that we brought, were different colors too.  I was asked to head up the "orange team" (Rose Fry, Margie Poe, Tracie Peck, Cindy Arndt, Kathryn Highlander and myself) and get decorations for our table.  When I asked the ladies on my team what they wanted to use for decorations, no one had any ideas.  Rose did say, "you could use oranges for some of the decorations", so...that I did.  I ran to Lafayette one day and began to search for orange items.  I didn't think I would have much luck with that color, but...I hit the jackpot when I went into the Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby.  I was so excited to find a ton of stuff in orange and almost all of it was 50% off, YEA!!!  I still thought it still needed a few extra, special touches, so I made name tags with everyone's name from our team and brought some drinking goblets to fill with orange drink.  All in all,  it turned out to be a pretty table and...we won 1st place!  I didn't have any idea they were going to be judging our tables, so that was a surprise to me and our team.  --The rest of the evening we stuffed ourselves with yummy, colorful foods, we played a game and we exchanged our Secret Sister gifts.  We all enjoyed ourselves and had a great time with our sisters of faith!  Thanks so much Sis. Mowery and Jody for arranging all of this, you did a nice job!

Our Orange Table
A little closer view of our table
I loved these flowers that I found, wish they were a different color and I could have used them in my house.
The Orange Team --far back (left side) Tracie Peck, (right side) myself, middle (ls) Margie Poe, (rs) Kathryn Highlander, front (ls) Cindy Arndt & (rs) Rose Fry

The Yellow Table
The decorated with lemon and lemonade candies
Left side (front to back):  Marlene Wilhelm, Kim Waggoner, Lynette Cooper & Rachel Staford
Right sides (front to back):  Betty Creasey, Carol Glass & Bev Poe
The Red Table
Decorated with drinking goblets, red candles and roses
Left side (front to back):  Pam Wolfe, Melissa Huffer, Geneva Roberts
Right side (front to back):  Julie Waggoner, Sherry Schuler & Lisa Gilbert
The Blue Table
Fresh flowers, candles and lace
Left side (front to back):  Angie Davis, Janet Rhudy, Shelly Coleman
Right side (front to back):  Sarah Fry, Jody Johnson & Becky Mowery
L to R:  Sis. Mowery, Jody Johnson & Betty Creasey (I missed Julie's tall red boots : )
Our guest speaker:  Mrs. Sarah Fry
She did a great job, as usual!!! 
She spoke on the rainbow and how each color represents our lives!


Getting ready to eat! 
We had:  strawberries, carrots, celery sticks, grapes, cakes, etc.

This beautiful and yummy cake was made by Tracie Peck!  I saw this idea online while looking for birthday cakes for Kallee's bday, and when I heard that our theme was the rainbow...Tracie did a wonderful job on it!  It was SO good and so pretty!

We had to pick 2 people from our team and they had to follow their color from the start to the finish.  We chose Margie and Cindy, what great sports they were!
On your mark, get set, GO!!!

I love this picture of Margie, she is having such a great time!

Secret Sister revealing

1 comment: