Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Mom

I would like to say Happy Mother's Day to my Mother!  I know she is not here to celebrate with us, but if she were, I would like to say:

Mom,
*Thanks for being a good Mom!
*Thanks for taking me to get ice cream after school sometimes!
*Thanks for teaching the importance of coffee and a good phone conversation : )
*Thanks for loving me, no matter what!
*Thanks for calling me and keeping me posted on what was going on in MI, after I got married : )
*Thanks for allowing me see you read your Bible and pray for your those you loved --your family & friends!
*Thanks for helping me to know the importance of laughing and smiling too, it has helped me through the tough times life!
*Thanks for going with me on my 5th grade field trip to Potters Park!
*Thanks for working so hard for our family when I'm sure you didn't feel like, but you still did it anyways!
*Thanks for teaching me to work hard, it has really helped me out in life!
*Thanks for loving my husband and kids, they loved you too!
*Thanks for the good laugh that time you got in our pool to cool off and decided to lean against the side and...oops, out went the water and Mom too, LOL!
*Thanks for your 20+ years as a SHS school bus driver, you will never know what kind of a great influence you were to those kids!
*Thanks for the good laugh when you would forget and sit to close the edge on our kitchen bench and...oops off you'd go.  We all still get a chuckle over that, even Dad laughed when I reminded him of it the last time he was here to visit!
*Thanks for teaching me that you can never pass up a good yard sale and Goodwill is a great place to shop! : )
*Thanks for making sure you made my kids feel they were special and loved by you & Dad!
*Thanks for teaching me that Sunday dinner is just not any old regular meal!
*Thanks for your years of service to our church and camp;  being a Sunday School teacher, the church van driver, the support-system to Dad when he was our SS superintendent, cleaning the church, the many, many hours of cleaning at the campgrounds, etc. etc.
*Thanks for being the loving Mother, Grandmother & Great-Grandmother that you were!  We miss you SO much, but we know our loss has been Heaven's gain!  Have a Happy Mother's Day!

Love your baby girl,
Janiece

No comments:

Post a Comment