Monday, May 10, 2010

The Search for the Yellow Shoes


I just love the "new" look of black and white together and it seems as every store you look in, there it is.  I have seen;  black and white polk-a-dot patterns, black and white stripe patterns, black and white zebra patterns, black and white geometric patterns, etc.  This year I thought I'd go a little wild (no pun intended) for my Mother's Day outfit and get a black and white zebra print jacket.  Of course I already had a black skirt to wear with it, but now was the question...what other color should I wear with it???  I decided to go with a bright yellow : )  I thought a simple tank to go under the jacket would be easy to find, but not true.  I looked and looked for simple, yellow tank.  I finally found one at TJ Maxx that would fit into my budget.  Next on my list was a yellow purse or shoes to go with this outfit.  I did find a purse, but since it was $250, I thought I'd better not, HA!  As Kallee and I shopped, we looked in every store I could think of, for a purse or shoes within in a reasonable amount.  I finally ran into Charlotte Russe, a store I NEVER go into (it just isn't a friendly store to old Moms : ), but at last...I found the yellow shoes I was looking for.  Actually I should say, Kallee found them.  She ran right to them and said "here ya go Mommy, just what you wanted"!  She was right, but I forgot to mention to her that I'm half way to being REALLY old and that I don't do high, high heels, any more so...  Since they were also in my budget and were the only ones I could find, I figured WHY NOT?!?!  I now am the proud owner of a pair of sassy, bright yellow, 3" heels! : )  Kallee was so proud of them, she couldn't wait till the boys and Daddy got home to show them the shoes she had picked out for me.  I told her while leaving the store, "I will probably fall and break my neck wearing these silly things", and she couldn't figure out what I meant.  I explained it to her and she just giggled : )  I love that baby girl of mine, she's got a great sense of style already!

No comments:

Post a Comment