Monday, January 14, 2008

Girls Day Out - 1/08

On Saturday, Jerry, the boys, his Dad and his nephew Lane went to the Gun & Knife Show in Indy. It was going to be a nice day for a "Boy's Day Out". Kallee and I were going to stay home and catch-up on ironing and pull out the old scrapbook stuff and create a ton of lovely pages, LOL! Well that all changed when my MIL called and said "would you like to go shopping today?" Well it didn't take me long to say yes, so...Kallee and I spent the day with my MIL and my niece, Courtney! We had a fun day of shopping and got lots of great bargains. First we headed to Cracker Barrel for a much needed brunch and then we were off to TJ Maxx (one of my favorite stores). There I found a tree skirt for my "new" dining room Christmas tree, for $4.00, YEAH! It was originally $35.00, so I grabbed it quick at $4.00. It isn't exactly what I was looking for, but it was cream colored and it had gold in it, so it will work perfect. I kind of wanted angels or crosses on it since that is my "religious" tree, it has some of my favorite ornaments on it, which include; nativitys, angels, crosses, etc., but I'm not going to complain : ) Then we were off to the mall where we headed to Macy's and Bath & Body, I did purchase several bars of hand soap, as we love it for our showers and were totally out. Of course we hit several stores before heading to Old Navy, where we found pj pants for $3.49, YEAH!!! I am a pj freak and love buying them and when I can get them at that price, that is when I buy them. I like the sets, but most of the time the tops shrink or get really sloppy, so I would rather buy the bottoms and just throw a t-shirt on top. You see, I go to bed dressed like an Eskimo in the winter, so when I can find warm bottoms that cheap... Last but not least, we headed to Wal-Mart on 300S (I believe) and I got the my best deal of the day. 150 count, multi-colored, net light sets, for (drum roll please)... .80cents/box!!! Yes, I know, that is crazy, but they were 90% OFF, now that's my kind of shopping! I have been wanting nets for our bushes out front and for Jerry's office, but at $8.74 and up (per set), NO WAY!!! However, at .80cents a box, I scooped up 12 boxes (I should have bought more), but didn't want to spend any more $$$. So now you have it... our "Girl's Day Out" and the grand savings we found! Thanks for inviting us to go, Betty!

150 count, multi-colored net light sets, YEAH! No more winding
and winding the lights around the bushes!
My $4.00 tree skirt, it has bells and greenery all over it and is trimmed with a thick, gold cord.

6 comments:

  1. I love finding deals like that! Especially the pj's! Wow! I was just at Old Navy, but must've missed those. I'm a pj freak too. That's a great price. I was at Goodwill the other day and their "bottoms" were 6.99! I didn't think that was such a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love deals like that! I haven't checked out the 90% off stuff yet. You were so close to my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody -- There were a ton in size small, both bottoms and sets, so I'm sure you can find some next time you go.

    Michelle -- Yep, we weren't that far from you. They don't have a lot left, but had a lot of lights still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What deals... sounds like you got all that for under $20.00 Great savings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love clearance sales. And here I've been lazing around the house all week. I need to get out and see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete