Friday, January 18, 2008

Ya Do The Hokie Pokie

Every night when we put Kallee to bed, she has to have her lamp on and her Veggie Tale cd playing. I don't feel as if I am spoiling her, because I have slept with a night light and radio for years. Anyways, if she happens to make it to song #13 on her cd, it is the Hokie Pokie. For some reason she DOES NOT like the "Pokie Pokie" song and crys for us to shut it off. Today I was singing that song while getting dressed and she said, "I don't like that Pokie Pokie song". I said, "why not"? "I just don't", she replied. So I tried to convince her that it was a fun song and she needed to like it. After doing the motions with her, she started singing it to the top of her lungs and was doing the motions too. I said "see, that is a fun song, isn't it"? She still didn't think it was, ugh! So...I went into her room and turned the cd on and started the whole singing/motions thing again and she joined in. She now likes the song, but it is no longer the Pokie Pokie, it is the Holy Pokie, LOL!!! For some reason she thought the kids on the cd said Holy Pokie, so she started singing it that way.

4 comments:

  1. I would have loved to have been a mouse in your house while you were doing the "Hokie Pokie"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could probably sing it as a special on Sunday morning, HA! Remember, I KILL mice around her, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I don't want to be a mouse!
    I'm looking forward to Sunday morning. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name wasn't in the bulletin to sing my special, so I decided I better not, lo!

    ReplyDelete