Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Immanuel = "God With Us"

I have been reading a book ("Praying the Name of Jesus") that I received for my birthday (thanks Sara) and the first chapter is on Immanuel. Boy did God ever know how much I was going to need to know the meaning of Immanuel; "God with Us"!!! As the year of 2007 closed, our family had faced many difficult times, times we NEVER would have thought our family would have to face! Of course with trials come all those questions you have for God, but I am SOOO thankful that the times of "drawing closer to Him" are right behind all those questions! Some may say, "you aren't suppose to question God", but I say "I am human and God created me that way, therefore He knows I am going to have questions sometimes"!!! I also know that He is standing there waiting for me to ask those questions, so that He can remind me ONCE AGAIN that He is "with us" and that He WILL answer all those questions! I'm gonna do some confessing, so if you don't want to hear it, now would be a great time to click the close button on your screen : ) It is sooo hard for me to take the time to sit down and do my devotions and allow God to work on me!!! There I said it, now you all know : ) I'm sure none of you have that problem, do ya??? HA! I have asked the Lord to help me this new year, and HE HAS!!!! I know it is only the 9th of January, but I am very pleased that I have gotten something out of each of my devotions this year and that God IS working on me! My key scripture yesterday was: Isaiah 58:11 "The Lord will guide you always..." (NIV) and today's key verse was; I Timothy 4:8 "For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for BOTH the PRESENT life and the life to COME" (NIV). PRAISE THE LORD!!!! Once AGAIN God confirms to me, that He is not only "with me", but He WILL guide me ALWAYS, both in the PRESENT and in the life to COME!!! That my friend is an awesome "faith strengthener"!!! We can not dwell on the past, we have to continue to the future and God WILL be "with us", EVERY step of the way!

P.S. I hope this helps anyone who is struggling in any area in your life, keep the faith, God is "with us"!

3 comments:

  1. I shoulda got that book for myself too. It looked good. Maybe I'll get out "Praying the Names of God" out for a few weeks. I have too many devotionals and self-help books that I am trying to read at once! lol! Glad it was what you needed on the very first read!! And I struggle horribly with devotions, so you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one who struggles! You can borrow my book when I'm done if you'd like! Think of yourself as special, because I don't loan my books out to just everyone, HA! I don't have that many to loan out, but...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you girls... My biggest battle!

    ReplyDelete