Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Year's Resolution

Is one of your New Year's resolutions "to lose weight"? Ya know, every year I say I need to lose weight, but every year that doesn't happen so... I have been "toying" with the idea of how I will lose those x-tra pounds I need to, and... I find it kind of humorous that in two of my devotions already this year, have been about losing weight : ) The first title to come was"Weighing In" and the second was "No Sweat", how funny is that? The first one was on "let me be weighed on honest scales, That God may know my integrity" Job 31:6. One thing the author said that hit too close to home was "Thin, does not guarantee health, happiness, or a husband (in her case). Today, and every day, you need to be assured that you are a woman of immeasurable worth and great beauty, "as is, not "when"." She went on to say "Lord weigh my heart. Is it full of love for you and overflowing with compassion for others? Let me rejoice, then, in having a XXXL heart. And let me come to a place of peace about my body, at any size"! --The second reading began with "for physical training is of some value"... HA! She went onto say that walking was her favorite exercise "it was free, it requires no squat thrusts, you don't have to join a club, etc. etc" Her final thoughts were (and very good if I might add)... "As my feet move forward, Lord, let my thoughts move heavenward. Fill me with enough energy to both walk and pray, to take in the bounty of your creation and the beauty of you. Thanks for always walking with me, Jesus". WOW, I guess that gets me "off the hook", HA! No honestly, I DO need to loose some weight, but I don't want it to consume my mind and soul to the point I can't focus on anything else. Help me Lord to focus on the good things in life and help me to be pleasing to you!

P.S. The title of this devotional is "Rise and Shine" by Liz Curtins
Higgs.

3 comments:

  1. Just letting you know that I have a new blogsite: www.catrenadurgan.blogspot.com. Long story, just thought you might want to change it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice devotional book. I glad you are enjoying your devotions. I love when I feel like God is speaking to me personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the last two posts. Very uplifting! And, no, you are NOT alone on the the struggling thing!

    ReplyDelete