Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekly Beginning

As I begin my week, I have taken comfort in knowing that God is FAITHFUL to us, no matter what life may bring!!! Our pastor spoke on faith yesterday and then today that was in my devotions as well, I think God is trying to teach me to have more faith : ) I have always felt that I have had faith, but after some recent circumstances, I KNOW I have faith! I have faith that God will take us through whatever trial we may face, PRAISE THE LORD!!! --We begin Revival on Tuesday evening, so if you aren't busy, come visit us some evening. The weekly services will begin each night at 7:00, and at 6:00 Sunday evening. We will be having The Steve & Nicole Cassady Family, they are great people! We are excited to see what God has in store for all of us! --As this new year is in full swing, I want to thank the Lord publicly, for helping me in my personal devotions! He has been there every day, guiding me along the way. This morning as I was reading my Bible, I told Kallee she needed to busy herself so I could finish my devotions. She climbed on my lap as I finished and every now and then, she would ask, "are you done with your motions"? I thought that was cute the way she said it, but then I began to pray, Lord help my devotions not to be just motions! Help me not to get in a runt, as I have in the past, and to keep pushing full speed ahead, as I do my daily devotions! I truly want to get something out of my devotions, so I have been praying that God will help me to do so. May this be your prayer too, as you face a new day, every day of the week!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I hope to be more dedicated to my devotions and to really get something out of it and not just be doing it to say I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Janiece. I don't want my devotions to be "motions" either. Thanks for the inspiring blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene--Hope God will help you in your devotions too. It is hard with just 1 little one running around here during my devotion time, so I can't imagine having 7 little ones, best of luck!

    Jill--Hope God will help you too! Email me so we can keep in touch more often (jjtcooper@geetel.net)

    ReplyDelete