Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom


Well today would have been Mom's 74th birthday! Some days I still can't believe she's gone, over 2 months already. She use to call us several times a week and I REALLY miss those phone calls! I guess with us living 5 hours from her all these years, I some how thinks she's still there, just too sick to feel like calling. I know I shouldn't be sad, after all, she's in Heaven with Jesus and all healthy, but... I have been really missing her a lot lately and I know that as more time passes, I won't feel so sad. We all, Dad and us kids, were doing so good our first month, but now that we have reached that two month period, it seems to be getting harder. Shouldn't that have been the other way around??? If you think of us all, please say another prayer for all of us! Now onto some good memories of "My Mom" --


--She loved her family! She loved to have us all come home and always made us feel welcome!
--She LOVED Dad, he was her best friend and lover for 54 years!
--She loved her coffee, hot and black. It didn't matter if it was hours old, she would just pop it in the microwave and heat it up, yuck!
--I believe there was only a few days of her "phone days" that she didn't talk on it,
she lived for her "phone time" : )
--Red was her favorite color and she always looked nice in it!
--Ice Cream was one of her favorites.
--She always had time for Dad to take her out for dinner : )
--She enjoyed her porch swing very much and enjoyed reading the paper or
mending while swinging!
--She could be seen crying at church in many services, thanking God for His goodness!
--She made some awesome rolls and baked beans, yummy!
--She was a fighter, she gave cancer a "run for it's $$$" for over 14 years!
--She loved life and NEVER wanted to give into cancer!

Happy 74th Birthday Mom, we will always love and miss you! Hope you have a great birthday celebration with Jesus and all of your friends!

Mom & Dad - Easter 2006

Me & Mom - Mother's Day 2006

3 comments:

  1. Well I have been thinking of you all this week, I wonder if that is why you all have been on my mind, because it was Gma'a birthday. We are learning in one of my classes right now that grieving is really a year long process, after you get all these firsts (birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, and etc.) then the second year is not so bad (In China, I think, after a year is up they have a huge celebration to mark the end of the grieving process, and to celebtrate the wonderful life that has gone on). It is good you remember all these good and great things about your mom, those are things you can reflect on and have happy thoughts. I wll be thinking of you these next few days. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're having a tough time.

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry this day came and went without me saying anything. I had it in my mind for weeks and then suddenly it was here and I totally forgot. So sorry. For what it's worth, I think the first month (or at least couple weeks) you are numb b/c it really hasn't sunk in. And especially when you watched your mom fight for YEARS! She was so strong and determined. I've been thinking so much of her the last few weeks and wondering who will share all your prayer requests at church now. I just can't imagine your dad doing it quite like your mom did...she cared about everyone's needs like that. (not that your dad doesn't...she was just more vocal :)

    ReplyDelete