Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Time

Yesterday after school, I called my friend Lynette and said "ya wanna go to the apple orchard"? We met there, but we were kind of disappointed. The lady came to the door and took us to the garage and told us to pick out what kind of apples we wanted. She already had them picked and waiting in bags for customers. We thought we would get to go out in the orchard area and get to pick some or at least watch the owner as he picked some for us : ( It is just a little orchard with about 8 different apples trees, so we knew it wouldn't take us that long, but... The school kids went there awhile ago on a mini field trip and had a good time. I guess they did take them out back and showed them around and they even showed them how they make cider. Needless to say, we were disappointed when we didn't get to do any of that. HOWEVER, the prices are GREAT!!! We got a huge, grocery bag (1 1/2 bushel) full of apples (of our choice) for ONLY $4.00!!! The cider was only $2.50/gallon, so our drive there wasn't a complete waste. Since we didn't get to see anything, I suggested we go to the pumpkin patch (which is just down the road from there), so we all jumped in the van and headed there. You don't actually "pick" your own pumpkins, but you select them from a large selection of them. The lady is super friendly every year and has lots to choose from; pumpkins, gourds, Indian corn, etc. She has all different sizes and shapes and she is really reasonable too! The kids loved going from bin to bin picking their pumpkins and we loved watching them get excited over it! It turned out to be a nice, little break from the every day life stuff.
The Cooper Gang -- LtoR: Talon, Keegan, Kallee, Kailey & Adalyn
I absolutely LOVE this picture! It will be one of those we pull out, when they are all grown up, and say "where did the time go?"

Aren't they adorable?! LtoR: Kallee, Kailey & Adalyn


Keegan checking out all the pumpkins
(notice the football in his arm, it goes everywhere with him)

Adalyn trying to pick out one

Kallee picking out a little baby one

Keegan proud of his "big" pumpkin. There were a lot bigger pumpkins, but I didn't want to spend $5 on one. I know, I'm too cheap : )

Yummy!!! I guess I will have to bake a pie or something.

4 comments:

  1. I was just talking to Jonathan this past weekend about how I remembered you going here last year, and that I wanted to go there this year! I've never been and it is really close to where we live! I just love this time of year and doing fun things with the kids!!! The apples look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but how we do have something in common. I grew up in Michigan. Though it was on the other side of the sate (north of flint to be exact), I have a brother who lives just west of Mt. Pleasant, MI (weidman). My family still lives in Michigan. I'm the only one who left the state. Thanks for the comment... sometimes you wonder if people even notice anything! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda --
    Now you have me wondering if I know you : ) What was your maiden name? I grew up in Shepherd and that is where I still call "home"! I would say I have family in half of MI, my Dad was from a family of 18, so that calls for a lot of relatives. If you don't want to share any more info on here, go to facebook and send me a private message; janiece shattuck cooper. It is a small world : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, You're making me homesick. Shawn and I got Winesaps one year and loved loved loved them. I can't believe how much Kallee looks like her Dad. Miss you guys.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete