Thursday, October 16, 2008

In Honor of Nana's Birthday

In honor of Nana's birthday...

Happy 74th Birthday Nana!

Kallee wanted the pink candle, "pink is for girls, she said"!

Make a wish...


Nana's birthday was last week 10/7, so we decided to have something for dinner that she loved -- Sausage Gravy & Biscuits! I thought about baking a cake, but I knew if I had a cake sitting around here all week, I'd just eat it, UGH! I was a "little creative" and decided to have something else she loved. In the past couple years, when they would visit, I would fix this at least once while they were here. She always enjoyed it and would always ask..."how do you make this again"? Mom wasn't a very good gravy maker, so she was always asking how I made it so good. I would always tell her "it is Shirley's recipe, I learned how to make it from her"! So in honor of Nana, we ate biscuits and gravy. We are sure going to miss sharing them with her, but we know she is in Heaven enjoying her own biscuits and gravy : )

No comments:

Post a Comment