Thursday, October 16, 2008

Weekend Trip to MI 10/10/08

Well this was an un-expected trip to MI, but we still enjoyed it! My sister, Shirley, called and said "you wanna ride to MI with us?" Of course I said yes!!! The boys had school so they weren't able to go, so Kallee and I were the only ones that went this time. We had a nice trip (both ways) and the Lord gave us safe, traveling mercies! Dad is doing pretty well, he is just missing Mom a little more each day : ( -- It just happened to be Homecoming Weekend, so we were able to enjoy the Shepherd High School Homecoming parade, as well as, the S.H.S. homecoming game! The stands were packed, as usual, so there wasn't very much room to move. From what I understand, this was the last game on that field, as a new one will be used for the next season. Wow, what memories that field holds for me! I sure miss those days, but wouldn't want to go back to them for very long, ha! --My nephew Tim and his wife Chasey were there with their family, so we got to see baby Jacob for the first time. He is such a sweetie and a very good baby! His little sister Maddy and Kallee are the same age, so they had lots of fun playing together! They were spoiled (once AGAIN) by Uncle/Papa Stan, he took them shopping and they came home with a boat load of stuff; new dresses, Dora under garments : ), hat/glove sets and toys! Thanks Uncle Stan for all the great stuff you bought Kallee, she loves you for "some reason", HA! Aunt Shirley was at her "I'm the bestest Aunt thing again", she baked pumpkins cookies with the girls and let them decorate them. Thanks for taking us along guys, it was great spending time with you!


S.H.S homecoming court float

S.H.S. color-guard, so glad we didn't have to wear these outfits when I was in color-guard : )

S.H.S. class floats


This one took 1st place, it was really cute!




This is the "new" sign in front of the SHS. It wasn't there when I went there, so it is new to me.

They won the game 34 to 24, YEA!


Mommy & Kallee cheering for S.H.S.

Dad holding Jacob, he is Dad's 8th great-grandson!

Jacob Leland (named after my Dad), 2 months old

The "twins" l to r: Kallee & Maddy


The girls doing their gymnastics



The girls cutting out cookies

Time to decorate them


Time to sample them, yummy!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful trip. Looks like you had a great time. Makes me homesick.

    ReplyDelete