Monday, October 22, 2007

Here Mousey Mousey

I love fall, but I DO NOT love everything that comes with fall...mice, YUCK!!! Since we are surrounded by cornfields, we have the misfortune of having mice once in awhile, especially in the fall. I absolutely HATE them with a passion!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course my boys think it is funny that I hate them so much and that every time I see one, I jump around doing the little mouse dance and scream to the tops of my lungs! The boys have the pleasure (to them that is), of taking the mouse of the trap for me, since I can't manage to even look at the trap, much less remove a mouse from it. I have managed to learn how to set the dumb traps, but I DO NOT enjoy doing that. If any of "my guys" are home, they get the pleasure of doing that too. Anyways, last week I seen a dumb mouse run through the kitchen, so I did my little dance and sang my little song as usual (I didn't want to disappoint anyone)! We set two traps over the weekend and I was hoping that we would catch the nasty thing, but no such luck! This morning I went to get Kallee some cereal out of the pantry and I heard something as I turned away. I knew I shouldn't have looked again, but I did and...there it was perched up on a Tupperware contatiner getting ready to indulge in the many plastic wrapped foods, UGH! I once again did my dance and sang my song and then I ran to get the broom. After several attempts to kill the stupid thing, I gave up and decided to get brave...I re-peanut buttered the traps and placed one on the shelf and one on the floor of my pantry. Of course Kallee was right by my side the entire time, saying "what you doin' mommy"? I told her that we were going to feed the mousey some yummy peanut butter and told her to start calling the mouse. She was very obedient and starting saying "here mousey, mousey, come eat the butter"! It was within the hour that I heard snap and yep we caught that booger. I told Kallee to go see if the mouse was eating and she said yep, he's eating the butter : ) I'm sure since that was the first mouse of the season it won't be the last, but oh how I wish it were!

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I couldn't live at your house! I think I am the world's biggest chicken when it comes to those creatures! Last winter, we had a little friend in our pantry! I screamed "bloody murder" and ran clear upstairs! It took us a week or more to catch the stinker! He kept eating the peanut butter and not setting off the traps! We finally got him with the sticky traps! I screamed once again when I heard him crying and he was hanging there alive...along with one of Parker's fuzzy stuffed lions! Mice are probably my most feared animal! (Isn't that stupid!?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh just the work gives me chills. I will tell David "their is something you need to kill" he always knows what I am talking about. I refuse to acknowledge them. Ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwww! I don't like them either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't need a cat when you have Kallee to call the mouse, eh?! :) I hate them too...that's why I have cats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen - We ended up buying the traps with the little yellow, plastic square on them, they work wonderful. The other traps are JUNK!

    Sara - I think Kallee is bringing home her favorite kitty from Mamaw's house. There is one at Betty's that she loves, but thanks for the offer : ) Once spring rolls around, the kitty will probably go bye, bye too!

    Michelle - I think we have caught them all, we got another one last night, so you can feel welcome when you come Saturday night. Are you all coming?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put a chocolate chip in the middle of the peanut butter....the mouse will work to get the chip and then SNAP....you got your mouse whilehe was trying to have a snack....works everytime!!!!

    ReplyDelete