Monday, October 8, 2007

Kallee's "New" Potty

Today I picked Sara's girls up from school because she was in Indy and didn't know if she would get back in time to pick them up. My kids LOVE it when "the girls" (what we call them), come to play. Anyways, Sara & Tony pulled up and we were talking for awhile and I looked out the door to see my daughter squatting on the sidewalk with her dress down around her ankles, AHHH!!! Of course I ran out and said, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING"??? She said "I go paw-dy (potty)". I then gave her a swat and rushed her into the bathroom. I scolded her for going
paw-dy outside and couldn't figure out why she would have done that. Then it occured to me...Friday night on our way home from Westfield she started yelling "paw-dy, paw-dy" and of course we were way out in the country so... we did what almost all parents have probably done at some point in their child's life, we pulled off to the side and I helped her go potty in the ditch. Of course it was pitch black out and there were no cars coming, so...I proceeded to tell her after today's experience, "YOU DON'T GO POTTY OUTSIDE UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO"!!! I don't know if it sank in since she is only 2 1/2, I guess only time will tell. I'm sure glad it was only S & T here, glad it wasn't the preacher; I'm sure his little Jenny, Julie or Jody would've NEVER done something like that at 2, LOL!

9 comments:

  1. um don't tell Jody that I told you this---before we moved to New Castle the church people were showing Mom and Dad the parasonage and Jody wet on the carpet! ha!
    She will never live that one down!
    Julie(there Jody got ya back for posting the picture of me picking my nose)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HeeHee - don't you love the innocence of a child? Mom let me do it so it's okay. I kind of doubting that this it the 1st and only time....Ashlee had a bad habit of doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,
    Thanks for "getting back at Jody" on my blog, lol! Now Jody will hold this against me and be waiting to tell a funny on me, ha!

    Michelle,
    I really do think it was her first time by herself (without me helping her). I know the boys have done it many, many times, they are true country boys, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We recently had to make a "pit stop" like that for Parker one night. It was completely dark outside and I was so afraid he was going to hit the electric fence in front of him! At least with boys, you don't have to wipe clean...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those of you with boys don't know how lucky you are (until you have girls) I have been telling you, Janiece, your traveling ways are gonna change soon :) :) And imagine having to cart three girls into public restrooms and make sure they don't touch anything while you take FOREVER getting them all processed. It's not fair - a mom can take a boy but a dad can't very well take a girl - wah! (pity party coming on)

    But I must add to this book and say it was kinda funny to look out and see a bare little bahooga out there :)

    Sara (mother of THREE girls)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When a girl's gotta go, a girl's gotta go...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is funny! Sara and Janiece: do you gals remember camp cleanup when Jonathon was standing there against a tree with his pants around his ankles? Sara's MIL took a pic and Daniel was not happy with that floating around during prayer of all things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I guess I missed the whole conversation about me! You should at least wait until I'm around to defend myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherry-I don't remember that, but I'm sure Sar would, so don't forget a thing : ) I'm sure Jonathon would love it if that picture was floating around again, lol.

    Jody-You need to read this post and then read your sisters comment and you will know what we are talking about. I honestly had nothing to do with it, it was all Julie's fault, hee hee!

    ReplyDelete