Thursday, November 8, 2007

Keegie Gets Glasses

My little man, Keegan (AKA Keegie or Keegie Weegie), got glasses a couple weeks ago! I took him to the pediatrician to have his year exam and she told me he was seeing 20/40. She told me if he was having any trouble with reading, I might want to take him to the eye doctor. As many of you know, he doesn't enjoy reading and is kind of slow at it. I thought it was all because he was being lazy! So much for that theory, HA! Needless to say, I took him to the eye doctor (Dr. Samuel Powers) the very next week. Dr. Powers was AWESOME!!! He was very patience with him and did a ton of tests on him. The end results --- blue, oval shaped, wired rimmed glasses : ) I tried to talk him into gold or silver, but NO he wanted the blue ones. Now I'm not a parent that gives into my child's every wish or demand, but I wanted him to be TOTALLY happy with his selections, so it would make him feel good about having them. I know some kids get a real complex over these kind of things, so...He loves them and says "everything is bigger when I read", YEAH!!! He is doing some better on his reading too, thank the LORD! We talked to him about other kids making fun of him at school and I told him to talk to his teacher if anyone made fun of him, because "IT WOULD NOT BE TOLERATED" by us or her!!! Jerry gave him some advice too, "punch them in the nose if they call you 4-eyes". Thanks Dad for the reinforcing what I had to say : ) UGH! Wouldn't you know, his Daddy and brother were the first ones to call him 4-eyes, so I held them down so Keegie could get a couple good punches in! So far, only a couple kids have made negative comments, so I think that is pretty good. He said DaNae Durgan said she liked them, so we told him that he needed to stick with her and the others in his class with them, cause they understand how it feels and how much better they can see with them : )








Here is "Miss Hollwood Kallee" showing off her new glasses that she got from her Great-Grandpa Hysel! She seen me taking a picture of Keegan and his new glasses and she said "me too"! I think she looks adorable in them, if I must say so myself :-)

3 comments:

  1. Connor is quite jealous. He thinks glasses are really cool and has gone so far as to pretend blindness to convince me that he needs some too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaida just had a Dr. appt too and also had 20/40 vision. I'm supposed to take her to get an eye exam. Funny thing is I would never even think that kids would make fun---I think my kids would have wanted to wear glasses. I used to pray that I would need glasses but never needed them! ha

    ReplyDelete