Saturday, May 17, 2008

Indy Motor Speed Way

On Thursday, my hubby and I spent the afternoon at the track. When he asked me if I wanted to go, I said "no, not really, but I will go if you want me to", so... : ) Sometimes you do things for your spouse just because it is something they enjoy. Once in a GREAT while, I get him to go shopping with me, so I guess it was my turn to do something for him. We were given free tickets from a place Jerry sends business to, so we had a pretty cheap date; $10 for parking. I know, we could have probably "parked" a lot cheaper some place else, LOL! The lunch we had was very tasty and that was provided with the free tickets, so you can't beat that. We were able to see a few drivers up close, but others were just a blur as they sped by (at 213 miles/hour : ) When we left, Jerry asked if I had fun and I said something like this "it is the kind of fun you would have if I drug you to the mall, going from store to store, for 4 hours", HA! All in all, it was a day for us to be together, so that was a good thing. Thanks for taking me honey, I know you wanted me to go, so that is why I consented!


Danica waiting for the o.k. to head out on to the track.

Danica's car heading into the pits for some work.
Jerry getting an autograph from his childhood favorite, Rick Mears.

Sarah Fisher trying to escape before the crowds spotted her!

No comments:

Post a Comment