Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Yesterday was my 12th Mother's Day, of course I was prego the first year, but that still counts in my mind : ) My hubby always makes sure I get a beautiful corsage, which I truly appreciate! Last year he was a sneak and had his sister make me one and gave it to me at church. I about had a hissy fit when he didn't give me one at home before heading to church, because I look forward to them every year. I know they don't last very long, but that is something I really love getting every Mother's Day! He always makes sure it has at least 3 flowers in it, one for each child. After church we headed home and he and the boys fixed dinner for me; steak, baked potatoes, corn and rolls, yummy! It is a family tradition, that all the guys in his family fix dinner and clean up on Mother's Day, what a great tradition to pass onto our boys! After dinner the kids gave me my gifts which were; a rooster figurine (from the boys) and a Mommy and daughter figurine (from Kallee) Thanks so much Jerry and kids for making my Mother's Day special! I love you all!

My 2008 Mother's Day corsage
Me with my kids!

Mommy and her baby girl, Kallee

Mommy with her baby boy, Keegan

Mommy and her oldest baby, Talon : )
The boys bought me this rooster for my kitchen!

This is the angel figurine that Kallee gave me, it is an Mommy with her little girl!
Jerry said when he headed into the jewelers the other day, he saw this in the window and couldn't resist it. He figured it would be WAY over priced, but it wasn't, so... he had Kallee give it to me, it says "All that I am and ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother"!



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely figurine. I didn't know if you knew it or not, but that is a quote by Abraham Lincoln.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladonna--
    I did not know that, but I'm sure my hubby did, as he loves Lincoln items.

    ReplyDelete