Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What a Rip Off

I went to Dairy Queen today to see how much a sheet cake would be for Kallee's birthday, and...what a rip off!!! I was floored when the lady told me it would run me around $35, AHHHH!!! I can not believe anyone would spend $35 on a simple birthday cake that will be gone in a matter of minutes! I did have a coupon for $5 off, but still, $30 -- COME ON! I can understand if it was a "special" birthday or event, but she is 3, will she really remember it anyways?! I guess we will go back to the drawing board and probably end up making her a cake. I went to the Dollar Tree and they have little princess dolls that would be perfect to put on a cake, so I think that is what I will do. If anyone wants the (4) coupons I have for the DQ sheet cakes, let me know and you can HAVE them, I don't plan on buying any cakes from them anytime soon, ha!

8 comments:

  1. Did you go to the diary queen to write in your diary?
    :)
    Byron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Byron--
    Dude what are you talking about??? HA! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know if you have a Kroger anywhere near you (maybe Lebanon?), but they sell ice cream cakes in a freezer in the bakery section.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carrie! I'm just too cheap to spend $30 or even $20 on a cake that will be gone in no time at all. The reason I was going to get one at DQ, was because I had that wonderful $5 off coupon, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remeber one year for Garrett's birthday she wanted a cake from Coldstone. Let's just say it was aboit 15 dollars more than that DQ cake. I make my own or get a Meijer cake, Meijer has good ones. When we lived in Mount P, it was Ric's for birthday cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are expensive but we usually get one at least once a year -- this year it was for Rodney's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle--
    When is his b-day? Do you want those coupons? If so, I will bring them with me Saturday, remind me to give them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got to where I also made cakes although I was going to splurge this year since Abby loves them and it was her 13th but she saved me the hassle and took off to my moms! Now my aunt Linda makes them. She doesn't want anything for making Jake's but is getting something anyway!

    ReplyDelete