Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm Home, Again

Well I'm home once again, so hopefully I can get caught up on everything. I was gone to Michigan for 11 days, so as you can imagine, there is a lot to be done around here. My hubby and boys did a great job keeping the house picked up, thanks guys! --We left on the 28th of August and headed to Carson City Christian Camping Center, where my Dad's family reunion takes place each year. Kallee and I stayed up there after Jerry and the boys headed home and had a nice time. Dad requested us girls to clean out Mom's clothes, her meds and such, so we did. We cleaned out several closets, drawers, cabinets, etc. He told me a couple weeks ago, "I wake up every morning and see her clothes hanging in the closet and...they gotta go"! I knew that me and a couple of my sisters were going to stay around after Labor Day, so I told him we would get those taken care of. We were able to donate a lot of the clothes to some that were in need and then we took a lot of them and cut them apart and saved them, so we could make a quilt or something. Each of us got a stack of material, so it will be interesting to see what each of us will do with it. We saved only the "special" material, such as; material from the suits she wore to the grand kids weddings, the dress from their 25th wedding anniversary, shirts we remember her wearing, and so on. Dad even got a stack, he thinks he will try his hand at making a blanket/quilt this winter. He can do pretty much whatever he sets his mind to, so... :) He is doing really well, God has really been helping him! He said "when I start to think about her, I ask myself, where is she better off?". He is SO strong!!! I love him dearly!!! Well I had better run, it will be time to go pick the boys up from school before I know it. Today was picture day, so I am anxious to see how that went. I will post more later, with lots of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment