Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Talon & Britt's Debut

Sunday night was a first-ever for Talon and Britnee (Sara & Tony's daughter). They accompanied us, Sara & I, as we sang. Sara & I have sang together for years while growing up together, but once she got married and I got married, we went our separate ways. When they moved to Frankfort several years ago, I was sooo happy to have "my" friend living close by. We don't sing together as much as we use to, but once in awhile, we are asked to sing at church. Last night was one of those nights, so we decided to ask our kids if they would play with us. I don't know if they were that thrilled when we suggested it, but Talon was thrilled to do it, once we got to church and got his guitar tuned (thanks Papaw). They did a wonderful job and we were so proud of them! Talon turned the volume button on his guitar the wrong way and by doing so, he turned the volume down instead of up, ugh. Oh well, he tried and that is all that matters. I told him when he came to sit down after playing "you did great buddy" and he said "thanks, my knees are still shaking" : ) I am anxious to get these two (and the other two; Janae & Kerri) playing with them, and we will have a whole band to back us up, LOL! Thanks Talon & Britt, you guys did a GREAT job for your first time! You can't hear them that good, but if you click on the link below, you can at least see them playing from time to time.

http://holinesscds.com/FBHC/view/99/god-on-the-mountain/

No comments:

Post a Comment