Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Purdue Game

On Saturday we went to our first Purdue football game of the season. The company Jerry works for (American Family Insurance) always sponsors a game each year and they hand something out too. Last year they passed out AFI bandannas and this year they passed out little sports towels, with Boiler Up on them. Of course Jerry volunteers each year to help pass out these freebies, so in return...the company gives him free tickets. This year the boys and I decided to help, therefore, we all got free tickets and a free meal, YEA! I like these kinds of perks that the company has to offer : ) We had a very nice day to hand these out, it was kind of hot, but better than raining like is was suppose to do. If you haven't ever been to a college game, you need to go! This was not a first for me, but I still enjoyed the pre-show and the 1/2 time show, like it was a first time for me : ) I LOVE seeing the band perform, it is SO great! I wish you could buy tickets just for those shows and not have to stick around for the whole game, ha! We were so excited, they made a touchdown within the first few minutes of the game! Needless to say, they lost by a few points, after going into a double-overtime. Oh well, they tried to beat those "Ducks", but they couldn't.-- Miss Kallee said she wanted to spend the day with Mamaw, so they went yard sailing and she got lots of great treasures. Thanks Mamaw for watching her so we could have a nice time at the game and so she wasn't totally bored out of her mind, at the game.

We passed out around 2,500 of these things.
The opening gates to the stadium

Daddy, Keegan, Talon & Mommy

This was just some of the band coming up the sidelines.

This is part of the 1/2 time show

The tribute to America they do, at every game -- "I AM An AMERICAN"!

Absolutely AWESOME!!!

The band leaving the field, they of course keep the crowd going during the entire game!


Leaving the stadium

3 comments:

  1. Hmm. I see no book in your hand. Was it good or did you survive the game without it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did take a book : ) As a matter of fact, I stopped by the library and got the 4th book in the series cause I was almost done with the
    3rd one, and didn't want to be bored, HA! There was SO much noise going on, I couldn't read when I did try, so what was the point?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. Since we moved to ID we have become Boise State Fans. We love to go to their football games when Keith is in town. Keith got to take Trey to his first game on opening day. You're right, everyone must experience a college football game. Tons of fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete