Monday, September 15, 2008

Shattuck Family Reunion - 2008

As promised, here are tons of pictures from The Shattuck Family Reunion. Each year we load up and head to MI for Labor Day weekend! Since we don't take a summer vacation, we use this as our family vacation. It is so much fun and we see lots of our family, that we only see once a year! We have lots of stuff to do; volleyball/horseshoe/basketball tournaments, a pie baking contest, arts & crafts for the kids, a gospel sing, a BINGO night, kid's/teen snacks at
mid-night, softball games, yakity yak around the campfire each night, a family auction, a Sunday morning worship service, a family water bash, etc., etc. As you can tell, we have lots to do and lots of fun! We would like to say a big THANK YOU to some of our friends (Bill & Cindy) for allowing us to use their motor home for the weekend! We truly appreciate you allowing us to use it! --To our family members; it was great seeing you all again, we can't wait to see you next year! And to those of you that couldn't make it, we hope to see you next year!
This banner was made for the 50th, but they continue to use it year after year. Just think, it all started because of these two people, my grandparents -- Edna (Cobb) & George Shattuck.
This quilt was made for the 50th reunion auction and it sold for over $1000. Each Aunt and Uncle had to come up with a block, to represent their family. Dad's block was a deer,
imagine that, HA!
Roger brings his bike every year and livens the place up : )
This year Aunt Florene went for a spin. The noisy teens, the ones who kept some of us awake 1/2 the night, were awaken to a Harley being rode into their dorm (it was the Aunts and Uncles idea for Roger to do this : ) Pay-backs are so much fun!!!

Dad and his brother Mac enjoying the auction

Aunt Florene & Aunt Myrtle having fun during the auction.

Kallee & Maddie Mae havin' a blast playing "Simon Says" with Tim.

Kallee & Meg -- We were so happy to have Meg and her new hubby with us this year. It has been several years since Meg has been to a reunion, with her class schedule it just wasn't possible.

Kallee & CJ enjoying the 4-wheeler Uncle Stan brought for the kids to ride!

Our "own little gang" (A.K.A Leland's clan) eating breakfast at our campsite -- biscuits & gravy, eggs, sausage and bacon, yummy!

Sunday morning church service -- Aunt Coreen saying "the world would be a better place if all were like my brothers and sisters because..." it was a great tribute to her siblings.
Aunt Nettie giving her testimony


Family game time with Ivan & Alberta, some of my cousins.

"Do You Know Your Family" game begins --
1. Find Uncle Mad and have him stick out his tongue.
2. Find Uncle Leland and have him give you a thumbs-up
3. Find Aunt Myrtle and have her cover her ears
4. Get a picture of Aunt Coreen kissing Uncle Francis
Etc., etc. ...
The winners of the "Do You Know Your Family" game!

Pie Baking Contest begins --
There were 6 pies submitted for the "Pie Baking Contest"; a Raspberry, a Blueberry, a Sweet Potato, (2) Apples and a Chocolate something or other. Kallie Benette took first place with her Chocolate Pie, my cousin April took 2nd with her Apple Pie and my cousin Kim took 3rd with her Sweet Potato Pie, way to go girls!!!
Dad judging the pies
They got another generation of guys to judge this year, along with the uncles, it was fun!

Aunt Myrtle and Aunt Donna joking over which one of their pies would win.

Gospel Sing -- Kallee and CJ sang "Jesus Loves Me"

My nephew Tim and his little girl Maddie, singing a hymn. Tim has taught her a lot of them, it is so cute to watch her sing them!

Family BINGO!
Talon with Jared Newport (my Dad's pastor's son) and his cousin, AJ, from Maine.
Aunt Florence helping Kallee and Meg helping CJ and Maddie so they can all win a BINGO prize!
Annual "Water-Bash", the leaders were; my cousins Randy & Dawn.
The kids L-O-V-E this part!


My Dad and my cousin Earl ended up taking the 1st place medals in the
Horseshoe tournament!

My Dad playing horseshoes
Making every point count -- they are measuring to see if it is a point or not


Dad and Earl receiving their medals.


Charyl (my niece) and Jerry playing volleyball
LaMorris and Megan were on the 1st place team

My Dad showing that he can still play v-ball, just like the kids : )

My nephews; Joe & LaMorris

1st place team for the volleyball tournament was a team that consisted of my nieces and nephews, way to go guys!

The auction table, all items must be homemade.

My Aunt Coreen makes at least one of these a year, they are really neat! We have one that she made for us, that says Cooper (obviously : ) The same year we bought ours, she made one that said Baker and Petty (which are my sisters last names), so we bid on each others to get the bids up. It was a fun, little game we had going on : )

Photo and poem by my cousin, Loranne

These were so beautiful, they were a stone bird house and sitting bench, made by a cousin.

Blankets for baby dolls, I think one of my aunts made them.


Cute little purses made by my cousins.

Books containing my Aunt Georgia's poetry and some handmade braceletts made by my cousins.
My Dad's homemade Maple Syrup and Pickle Relish. Some of Dad's syrup
went for $35 a quart : ) I tease the winners every year, I tell them "why do you pay so much for this stuff, he gives it to me for free, HA!"

Stan (my BIL) auctioning off a picture with some of my Dad's aunts and uncles. Among them was, Muzette Youngs (A.K.A Steven Seagal's grandmother) or so we've been told.

My cousin Donella modeling my grandma's housecoat (my Dad's mom), this was a cherished item to bid on.

This was an absolutely beautiful quilt, made by my Aunt Myrtle. It went for over $125.

No comments:

Post a Comment